Ranking the Covers

Another no spoiler chapter! I just thought I'd share my opinion on the covers! Comment how you would rank the covers! Team_Foster, out!

7) Lodestar

There was obviously an artist change here, and I'm sorry to those if you who love him/her but I am not a fan at all. Sophie looks completely different, Tam looks weird, and Fitz- as my sister put it- looks constipated. And what happened to his hair??? And eyes??? And stunning good looks??? The background is nice, but the characters just look weird and nothing like their other-cover selves (if they have one). And how do the bright green letters fit in with anything? I'm definitely not a fan of this cover

6) Nightfall

The weird artist strikes again! Sophie looks a bit better, but Linh looks sort of off and Keefe looks different. Like is there a special ability that allows you to rearrange your skeletal structure because I think Keefe manifested and was messing with his face. It depicts a cool scene, though, and Atlantis looks neat. I ranked this sixth because I like the colour scheme better than Lodestar's.

5) Flashback

This cover might be my favourite since the new artist came on. The background looks super cool and mysterious, and the vortex (We're not sure what this is as of when I'm writing this) is awesome looking.  And we finally got Wylie (although poor Dex was cheated again while Tam got the nod)!!! Sophie looks very mature and I think the goblin throwing star is an interesting new angle. Very exciting cover.

4) Everblaze

I almost ranked this book third. I'm no Fitz fangirl, but man this cover makes me understand why Sophie likes him so much! The pink background looks really cool, but it's almost abstract and I thought the teal title looked weird on top of the pink so I ranked it fourth. If I were a bit more objective (aka Exile didn't have Keefe) this could be third. Heck, even now it would be third I just think the next book was a worthy of the podium. 

3) Exile

KEEFE! SOPHIE! GLITTERBUTT! What more could you ask for in a cover? Keefe's got me freaking out, Sophie and Silveny look super adorable, and the background is nice and mysterious. Overall, a very solid cover.

2) Keeper of the Lost Cities (#1)

Poor Dex has only had one cover, but it's a great one! I tend to always like things to do with the first few books the most, but I feel like in this case the case the cover is worthy of second place. The Sophie and Dex are drawn super well (dorky capes and all), and it's just so pretty!

1) Neverseen

This one just looks so cool! You can see Linh's Hydrokinetic skills even if you can't see her, and I love Sophie, Keefe, and Biana so I was super glad they all got on the cover (and they were drawn SO WELL!!!!!). I liked seeing the Neverseen disguises, and  I thought the colour scheme and overall artwork was the best.