; 20

Margo

Calum's crush.

The word has been repeating in my head like a melody. I can't believe Calum has a crush on me. Me, Margo Ruthie Hugo. I shook my head, no Margo, you have Ashton. Only him. I thought to myself as we sat down at the living room, stuffing our faces in Joy's brownie. The man in his late 50's, Calum's Dad I presume, got up and went into the kitchen. Joy cleared her throat, "So how was Florida, Margo?" she asked. I chocked on my brownie, I stretched my hand out to grab my water. I chugged down the cup of water and wiped the corners of my mouth,

"Sorry," I said sheepishly "Florida's good. It's hot though." I said. Calum looked up at me and looked back down to his brownie. 'Calum's Dad' came back and sat beside Joy, "Oh, how rude. I'm Mark. Calum's Father." he said smiling to me. I smiled with my closed mouth back. 

"I'm Margo." I said with my mouthful. Everybody burst out laughing. I swallowed my brownie and laughed with them. 

++ ++ ++

It was time to go. SInce Calum's house wasn't that far from mine, I decided to walk home with Luke, Michael and Ashton. Mark asked if we wanted a ride home, but we declined.

I hugged Joy first then Mali-Koa then Mark. I said my thank you and rolled my luggage out. All four of us walked in silent. "So, you guys like the attention that you guys received?" I asked, breaking the slient. They looked at me and laugh, "Hell yeah. Did you see the babes? Damn!" Michael shouted. I laughed at Michael's reaction so did the two boys. Ashton's been strangely quiet when he got out from Calum's room.

Michael and Luke parted ways from us and walked to the right. We turned left and walked down the neighbourhood. I looked up at Ashton while rolling my heavy luggage. He's got a big sports bag, so it's fine for him. "Are you okay, Ashton?" I asked looking straight ahead. He turned his head to the side and smiled, "Yeah. Everything's fine, babe." he said simply. It was irritating, I knew something was going on.

++ ++ ++

Ashton

"Ashton, mate. We need to talk." Calum said.  I looked up at him while untie-ing my shoe laces. I nodded in approval and walked down the hallway to his bedroom. He closed the door and sat on his bed. I went to his study table and took a small ball, I started to throw it up and down. Calum's face looked pale, for some reason. I stopped playing with the ball and observed Calum.

"You okay, buddy?" I asked. He shook his head. I sighed and sat beside him, slinging my hands around his shoulder, "What's up?" I asked, like a big brother. 

"I like Margo." he blurted then quickly go up from his bed. I laughed as if it was a joke, "Not my Margo, right?" I asked while tapping my foot on the wood tiles. He looked at me with an apology look. "Not. My. Margo. Right?" I repeated with gritted teeth. 

"It's your Margo, Ash." he said, lowering his head. 

"I knew this was coming." I said and slammed my fist on his bed. "You can't have a crush on her!" I shouted "She's my girlfriend!" I slammed my fist on his bed again and stood up. I grabbed Calum by his collar and shoved him on the wall, "She's. Mine." I said through gritted teeth and left the room.

++ ++ ++

OHP, cliff hanger yo.

Double update~

Sorry Chapter 20 is short. Writers block :/

But I hope you guys like the 2 chapterrrrrrs.

Drama Llama *smirking emoji*

PRESS THE STAR UP TOP <3

Love you guys <3

-E xx