Perception

She wasn't always as forgiving...

"Come the fuck on, shit-for-brains." He had shown up at her doorstep early in the morning, wanting to walk her to school. She smiled at the faces he made and the mean things he said, and even the rude nicknames he's made for people.

They were more than halfway to school when she glanced over at him, watching as he angrily strolled on the sidewalk.

"Thank you, Katsuki." His crimson eyes burned through her blue orbs. She was expecting him to give a snarky remark or even an insult, but instead, he calmly asked her, "For what?"

"Becoming my friend." She cocks her head to the side and watches his reaction carefully. His angry posture falters for a second, showing his light pink cheeks. But as soon as it appeared, it vanished and he covered his embarrassment with agitation.

"I can be friends with whoever I want to, shit for brains!" He points his finger at her, growling as he glared into her eyes, "Ya' hear? So don't be flattered, dumbass."

She laughs slightly at his attempts to hide his true emotions. He was quite a person. A light pain entered her head once more.

"You're a liar. Show him your real power- the real you. What will happen then?"

Her throat tightened, and she walked behind Katsuki quietly. What would happen if she showed everyone her real power? Her own brother didn't like her power. No one really did...

Would they call her a monster like he did?

*_*_*_*

"Lunch is in five minutes, feel free to do whatever," Cementoss said as he gathered his Literature textbooks together. Nazumi smiled when she felt a familiar glare bore into the back of her head.

"Mizuko, can I ask you something?" She looked over to her right, where little Minoru sat at his desk, smirking with a light blush. She smiles, cocking her head to the side, "Ah, yes. What is it?"

Denki felt himself blush darker as the purple headed boy asks in a confident voice, "How big are your boobies?" Her cheeks flare up and her eyes widen, hands reaching up to cover her chest protectively. Everyone in the room looks at the two of them with surprised expressions.

Katsuki's explosive hands erupt and scare Minoru, "The fuck did you just ask Grape Bastard?" He get's closer to the embarrassed Nazumi. She watches as he steps in front of her to block the small teen's view of her.

"You must have a fucking death wish, bitch?" Katsuki glares down harder, making Minoru cry desperately for help. No one even attempted to stop the angry blonde. Too afraid to confront him themselves. But as soon as he felt Nazumi's small hand touch his arm softly, he whipped his head around to watch as her pink cheeks burned darker.

She looked down at her lap, avoiding everyone's intense stare. "K-Katsuki... it's fine..." His eyes widen, but he covers it up with an insult. "The fuck it is, shit for brains!"

When a smile turns her cheeks up, he felt himself get angrier. "Seriously, it's fine. I can take care of myself-"

"Then why didn't you knock the shit out of him?" He cuts off, getting closer to her face. Her cheeks cool off and she soon returns to her original color. She narrows her eyes at him, a sarcastic smile tugging at her lips, "Because I don't solve things with violence. It's unnecessary."

Just as he was going to bite back, the bell rings, signaling lunch.

She hurries, jumping up to meet with Izuku, Ochaco, and Iida. "Hey, wait up!" She smiles, walking out with the trio. Katsuki stands there, utterly lost in words. Did she just stand up to him again?

"Hey, Bakugo, you just gonna stand there or are you gonna tag along?" Eijiro Kirishima says with a smirk, walking alongside Denki. He growls at his two friends, "Shut the fuck up, damn hard hair."

"Do you like her or something? I've never seen you stick up for someone like you just did-"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He shouts at Denki angrily, "Why the hell would I like someone like shit for brains?" He looks straightforward, watching as she walked next to Izuku and Iida, Ochako leading the small group to the lunch room.

He scoffed, "As if."

Denki and Eijiro glance at each other, giving each other a small 'yeah-right' nod.

*_*_*_*

"That was totally embarrassing," Ochako says to Nazumi while taking her tray from the lunch lady. Nazumi sighs deeply, feeling her face heat up again, "Yeah, it was. How could one be so confident in such vulgar questions?"

The brunette laughs lightly at her new friend. Then, she questions, "Hey, did you hear about the upcoming festival?" Nazumi looks at her and blinks a few times.

"Yes, actually. I suppose it isn't a normal festival though." She grins widely, remembering all the previous clips from the upperclassmen. "I'm ready for it, and boy I can't wait to show the world what I got!" She laughs as the anti-gravity girl walks towards the table of their friends.

She was quick to notice that Katsuki, Denki, and Eijiro were now stationed at their table. A warm smile took on her face as she walked closer, "Ah, Denki and Eijiro, yes?" The two boys glance up and watch her. "Yeah, sorry, Bakugo wanted to sit over here, we didn't want to intrude."

Katsuki then glimpses up at her, watching as she sits across from the two, right next to Izuku. His eyes narrow. "Oi, shit for brains," She snaps her head in his direction, her eyes piercing through his own. He felt himself get flustered, but he kept his cool, "I wanna re-match."

She raises an eyebrow, "Yeah? What's got you fired up?" She felt herself getting closer to him, and oddly enough, she was fine with it. He smirks, "The deal between us, I never got to say my part of it."

"I'll fight you, only if Sensei says is okay. And you have to respect Izuku if I win."

She narrows her eyes at him, yet she smiles at his determination. "What's your side of the deal, then?" He points at himself, a cocky smirk playing on his lips.

"You have to be my slave for an entire day!"

Everyone at the table flushes, only Shoto frowns. "He's trying to get the one person that stands up against him to bend at his power. He isn't as stupid as I thought."

She smiles widely, holding her hand out, waiting for him to shake it, "That's a deal. But if I win, I really do want you to respect Izuku." Izuku finds himself flattered at her will to fight for what she believes in. No one has really stood up for him like this.

Katsuki grinds his teeth together in order to hold his anger back. "Sure," he slaps his hand into hers, smirking, "it's a fucking deal."