Prologue

Prologue
January 19,2018

[]•••••[]

Below an small old forest, a small metallic house was built. Inside one of the rooms, a two meter tall black capsule stood. From its open glass windows, cold smoke was being emmited. Behind it were multiple wires and antennas where a strange glowing energy flowed giving it a sense of mysteriousness.

Hiro Bane was never the type of person to admire high-tech stuff. However, even he gazed at it with curiosity and excitement.

That's because their black capsule was actually the newest VR console solely made for the game, World of Souls Online. When you mention World of Souls Online to anyone , they would definitely have endless things to tell you about it.

World of Souls Online was definitely the leading VRMMORPG on the market. Not only it has a 100% realistic graphics, it offers a lot of freedom, something that every player would want.

However, not just anyone can buy this console. Hiro even had to spend almost all of his savings for the past few years just to afford this one.

"VR Consoles sure got more expensive these years" Hiro sighed. He remembered that it was his parents gift for his birthday, a few months before they died from a mysterious car accident. After that, he never got to play again.

Actually, he could afford this console without feeling pain because his parents left him a huge sum of money before they died. However, his uncle actually had eyes towards the money and kept it for the safe of safety keeping. Using his connections, he managed to make the judge approve of his petition.

Hiro always felt disgust towards that uncle of his.

'As for the money, he could have it for now. Once I become rich, I'll make sure he pays for what he has done!' Hiro snorted upon the thought before turning his attention back to the capsule.

Buying a console just for the sake of entertainment is not something a poverty stricken young man like Hiro would do. Instead, he bought it so he can start a job online.

Year 2100 was an age where jobless people ate leftovers. Hiro didn't want to end up as one as soon as the government support will be taken off him after he reaches adulthood.

His friend recommended this to him once. Hiro would definitely not pay attention to this talk. However, the Money Exchange System definitely took his attention.

The only problem is, it's been years since he played a virtual game. He didn't know if he would still be suitable for playing.

"Whatever. I'll take things slowly until I manage to earn enough money to go to college!" He shook away all the unnecessary thoughts before he entered the capsule.

Hiro rested his body against the cold, metallic surface and closed his eyes. The glass door closed.

After a few seconds, the cold smoke suddenly became twice as dense as before. This smoke's was called Cryosis Smoke. Once the amount that a person inhales becomes more than the amount one can withstand, it will immediately cause the person to fall into a state of hibernation. In this way, digestion and orher body functions except the brain would be slowed down.

Of course, this doesn't come with any side effects. A player can play for a few days nonstop. Hiro wondered whether the game would ever go bankrupt if he earned a lot of money inside.

Hiro wanted to grin but he was already feeling sleepy. After a green light scanned his body for a few seconds, he completely passed out.

The moment he opened his eyes, a completely white space welcomed him.

This is the Character Creation area. The place where the avatar of the player is created.

A floating blue screen appeared on the air. Buttons used to edit eye, hair and skin color appeared. There was also a box where you can type your username.

He changed his hair color which was previously brown into black and his eyes into purple.

There's no Class System in World Of Souls Online. A player would have a Pure Magic Soul at the beginning. Their job is to strengthen the souls by absorbing Elemental Crystals from monsters.

As for the weapons, one could change anytime they want.

World of Souls Online had thousands of weapons for a player to choose from. Hiro had never heard of any other game who had something like this.

Hiro looked mages the most and was about to pick a staff when his eyes landed on a strange looking symbol near it.

It was called Magic Rune.

Just like it's name, it was in the shape of a rune and was releasing white light.

'Defense Decreased by 25%

Normal Attacks Decreased by 25%

Magic Attacks Increased by 75%

Enables Flight'

Hiro was shocked after reading the description.

A Flying skill!

This was something that all games lacked. He always loved being a mage but there's a part of him that always wanted to fly.

The ability to fly...

Hiro narrowed his eyes and without hesitation, directly chose the Magic Rune as his weapon. He even almost forgot to pick his choice of clothes and armor as his finger hovered above the next button.

He put on a set of black leather jacket with a purple inner shirt.

After he finished the character customization, a floating version of him suddenly appeared. It waa only the size of a palm. However, it had an expressionless face and it's whole body was glowing white.

A Pure Magic Soul.

Hiro immediately identified it. Just as his hand was about to touch it, a voice appeared on his head.

"Are you ready?"

It was a warm female voice that just spoke.

"Yes! "

He answered excitedly. What else should he answer?

"Welcome to the World of Souls! "

After she spoke those words, Hiro felt a falling sensation before he lost consciousness.

[]•••••[]

So what do you think about this chapter? Was it good?

Please drop a comment below or leave a vote if you like it!

You can also inform me if you found any wrong grammars or typos above. Thank you for reading!