Choi Woo Shik

HIS POV

I open the doors and take a step outside of the coffee shop to see rain pouring down from the sky. I stay standing under the roof to watch the rain fall as I hold my hand out to catch the raindrops in my hand. "Why is it raining today of all days?"

I reach into my satchel and take out my small red folded umbrella. I try to open it but all of a sudden it gets stuck. "Oh come on, I just bought you yesterday!"

As I try shaking my umbrella open, I see someone running towards the coffee shop from the corner of my eyes. I glance up but then turn away since I didn't really mind who it was. But something catches my eye so I look up again to see a familiar looking woman running with her bag over her head to shield herself from the rain. She was so beautiful, just like a flower, and everything I saw seemed to be moving in slow motion.

As soon as she got under the small roof of the coffee shop with me, my umbrella suddenly popped open. She looked at me and smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry if I got you wet. I didn't have an umbrella with me."

I recognized who she was and became speechless. I couldn't say anything to her even though my insides were screaming at me to do so. She looked into the far distance and got ready to make another run for it, but without thinking, I grabbed her wrist and stopped her. She turned back to look at me with a confused expression on her face and that's when I knew I definitely had to say something. I held my umbrella up for her and said, "Y-you can take my umbrella," I stuttered. 

She smiled and said, "Thank you, but it's okay. You need it too, don't you?"

"You can have it. I'm really okay."

"What are you going to do then?" She said with a worried expression. 

"Hmm... Why don't we go together then? I'm headed that way, what about you?" 

~~~

YOUR POV

As I'm walking side by side with this handsome stranger under his umbrella, I glance over at him to see that he was holding the umbrella over me more. His shoulder was getting wet and I felt bad so I garnered up my courage and slightly pushed his hand that was holding the umbrella so that he wouldn't get rained on. Then I said,  "Your shoulder's all drenched."

His eyebrows did a little twitch and then he glanced at his shoulder as he embarrassingly said, "Ah, I didn't realize the rain was getting on me aha."

I smiled and said, "My name's ___, what's your name?"

"You don't remember me?" He said with a glint of hope in his eyes. Now that I think about it, he does seem familiar. "It's Choi Woo Shik," he said.

"Choi... Woo Shik...? No way, you-!"

All of a sudden, a car drives by, about to splash water at us until Woo Shik pulls me close, one arm wrapping around my waist and the other shielding us from the splash with the umbrella. My breath gets caught in my throat and I can feel my heart beating on overdrive when I feel Woo Shik's body so close to mine. 

Since he used the umbrella to shield us from the splash, the rain started pouring on us, but I didn't even realize it because my mind was completely blank from us standing so close to each other. I slowly glanced up and Woo Shik's face was nearly inches away from mine. I didn't even realize that I was staring at him, completely lost in his familiar handsome profile until my eyes fall upon his eyes looking down at me. We both catch ourselves and pull away from each other. Nevertheless, he holds the umbrella straight back over me as he stands under the rain and looks away.

A smile finds itself on my face with a warm feeling growing in my chest. I grab his hand that's holding the umbrella as I walk closer to him, holding the umbrella over the both of us. He looks at me surprised but doesn't say a word. 

"I remember you...Woo Shik... Have you been doing well?" 

I lose my balance as he suddenly yanks on my arm and catches me against his chest as he drops the umbrella. In the next instant, I feel his lips press against mine. His warm hand cups my face, and his thumb gently brushes my cheek. Not knowing what to do with my hands, I reach my arms around his neck and pull him closer to deepen the kiss. 

After pulling away from the kiss, he bends down so that our foreheads are softly touching. "I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it was you. When did you come to Korea?"

"It's been awhile. I tried to contact you before, but crazy things happened and I lost all of my contacts." I pull away to look at him and say, "You...look different now, but still the same too. I can't believe I didn't recognize you!" 

He brushes my hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear before closing in to give me a soft kiss. "I never thought I'd see you on a random rainy day in Korea. I always imagined it being at an airport with you running into my arms."

"Well I'm here now," I say as I wrap my arms around him. He does the same back and pulls me close as I press my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Fate can work in crazy ways sometimes, doesn't it?

Requested by @luckywink 

Song: in love with a ghost - flowers (feat. Nori)