TWELVE

There was absolutely no reason why this current situation should be taking place; Jungkook blames it all on Yugyeom. Only two hours ago, Jungkook was happily enjoying his time with his boyfriend in a coffee shop, but his stupid kind-of-brother had to ruin it because, apparently, both of them had the same favorite coffee shop. That idiot entered the coffee shop, saw the two of them on a date, and instead of leaving (or at least ignoring them) like he should have, he decided to go talk to them. Jin got along with Yugyeom pretty well, and so he called his friends over too so that all of them could be friends with each other. "Our friends should know each other," he had said. Who was Jungkook to deny Jin of anything? And so Jungkook sat, four unnecessary people surrounding him, glaring a hole through Yugyeom's head.

At least Jin was sitting beside him.

"Baby Jungkookie is all grown up now," Jimin was practically sobbing. He'd always seen Jungkook as a child and had tried to care for him when he looked like a lost puppy at school. (If only he knew.) "I know! Only yesterday I was comforting Kook through his scary dreams. He has a boyfriend now!" It seemed as though Yugyeom and Jimin would bond over babying Jungkook. Beside Jimin, Yoongi sighed; he looked like he didn't want to be in this situation either.

"Jungkook isn't a baby. Don't you remember that time in a little while ago when he fought off three people at once?" Taehyung asked. The others stared at him in shock. "Seriously?" Yugyeom asked in disbelief. "No, I don't remember such a thing ever happening," Jungkook said. Jungkook in fact did remember such a thing happening. "But—those guys were messing with some dog and they were hurting the little thing pretty bad! I remember seeing you try to save it. You fought them off!"

     It was true. It was Namjoon's dog.  He didn't know it until he looked at the tag on the corpse of the dog. He couldn't save the him, so he used it to make his point instead; after all, it was too late.

    Yugyeom began laughing. "It must have been someone else. Jungkook looks strong, but he doesn't like fighting. He avoids trouble at all cost."
"For once I agree with what you're saying," Jungkook said. "Since you people are here to bond or whatever, you can do that. How about we go somewhere else, Jin hyung?" Jin smiled fondly at Jungkook.

"Kook, you have to talk to other people too, you know," he said. "Other people are annoying," Jungkook replied, without missing a beat. The others gasped. "I agree," said Yoongi.

But once again, Kook couldn't deny Jin and they ended up spending the evening hanging out with the others.

***

"There is food for you on the table," Jinhoon said as soon as he spotted Jungkook entering the house. Jungkook flinched, not having expected anyone to be home. "What are you still doing here? You should be gone by now," Jungkook questioned. "Are you trying to kick me out of my own house?" Jihoon asked in response. "I'm just asking. Last time you came here was 4 months ago, and you only stayed for, like, 2 hours."

Jihoon shrugged. "I took some time off of work. Thought that spending time with my son would be good," he said. Jungkook frowned. "Spending some time with your son? We've never done that in all the years that I have been alive. Why start now? Also, why are you calling me your son again?" Jungkook hissed. Jihoon sighed.

"Look, son, I know we aren't the most ideal family, but come on, we can try to live normally. Look at how much time we've wasted in bitterness and neglect. Let's forget everything that happened in the past. It's been what 12 years? 13 years? Let's leave that behind us now. I regret all of the time that I wasn't there for you when you needed it. Come on, we're a family. I want to live up to my role of your father. Let me do that, please," he begged.

"I killed mom--" Jihoon flinched. "--That's not just an abnormal family. That's not something that can be easily forgotten. I killed her at the age of 5. How can you tell me to forget something like that? How can you possibly forget something like that? Your wife!" Jungkook asked as he glared at his father. "Of course we won't forget--" Jihoon started, but Jungkook interrupted him. "Do what you want. Just don't snoop around this house. You've been gone for too long and I have my things here. Also, don't expect me to comply with your request. Our family is past that. I don't care about it enough. The part where you say 'family'--it has been an empty spot in my life. I have been my only family. I killed the woman that gave birth to me. And fittingly, my 'father' left me, only supplying me with my monthly expenses. All my life, you were only my ATM. It was a cop that raised me till the age of twelve. My point is that I haven't needed 'family' and I never will. There is only one thing that I want or need in this world and I have already obtained him. I have no bitterness towards you, I have no right for that. I am the one that ruined your life."

"NO!" Jihoon shouted in response to his son's last sentence. "You didn't ruin my life. You- you-" he couldn't say any more than that. I'm still a coward. How will I ever make it up to him in this state? He asked himself.

Jungkook waited for the man to say something more. When he didn't, he scoffed and left. And another day went by with their relationship still broken.

***

"Sujin Noona," Yugyeom shouted as soon as he got home. Without bothering to actually go see him downstairs, Sujin responded from where she was. "What is it Gyeom?" Yugyeom ran upstairs to her room. "Noona...the boy Jungkook is dating...it's Kim Seokjin."

***
How did this trash actually get 19k reads? But like, thank you soooooooooooo much!!!!!

Also, I spent five minutes staring at the "TWELVE" at my chapter. I still don't know if I spelt it tight, but I'm too lazy to check. Have a good day.