TEN

Having put his newest decoration in his basement, Jungkook went to his room. Although he tried, he couldn't fall asleep. In the end, he took his phone and put headphones in. He played the first recording he had.

A soft and lilting voice filled his ears. The voice that he loved the most. "Maybe I-I can never fly~" Jungkook felt a small smile tugging at his lips. With his heart warm and fuzzy, at the memory of getting this recording, he eventually fell asleep.

***

Jungkook woke up to a clattering. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock. 5:30. He got up and made his way downstairs from where he assumed that the noise was coming.

"There is no alcohol left here," Jungkook informed upon seeing a man in the kitchen. The man turned to Jungkook with a frown. "I was only looking for some chips," he said. "You stopped drinking?!" Jungkook exclaimed with disbelief. This man only ever stepped into the kitchen for some sort of an alcoholic drink. The man shook his head. "Of course not. I wanted to eat the chips before drinking. I brought a few bottles of wine. I feel like wine."

Jungkook scoffed. Of course he hadn't stopped drinking. "Well, Jihoon-ssi, you could do that a little more quietly, couldn't you? I would have appreciated a few more hours of sleep." The man- Jihoon- deepened his frown. "I am your father, Jungkook." Jungkook shrugged. "Never denied it. And why do you frown so much? You're going to get wrinkles," he said. That's when he realized that he probably sounded a lot like a certain beauty-obsessed boy (that he was obsessed with).

"I am already old. Wrinkles aren't the problem here," Jihoon said. "The alcohol will affect me sooner. It ended your lives first. Let it do the same to me,"he murmured. Jungkook, now even sleepier, did not hear it. He yawned. "Go to sleep now. I will be silent," Jihoon said. Jungkook nodded. "But first, tell me, who is the boy whose picture is all over your room?" he asked. Jungkook turned his full attention to Jihoon, startled. "He is... just someone I'm extremely fond of. Don't concern yourself with him," he replied. "If you like him so much, then I should. Once again, I am your father." His son sighed. "Whatever. You don't have to do this," he stated as made his way back to his room.

Jihoon sighed. "Oh and it would be nice if you stayed out of the rooms in this house. The ones that are no longer yours," Jungkook shouted.

Jihoon sighed once again as he went to the living room. His mess of a family. How had it come to this? Oh. He remembered perfectly well how this had happened. He remembered perfectly well how he had messed up all those years ago. He poured his wine into his glass. He took the glass into his hand and sippped it. "I need something stronger," he whispered. He needed something that would make his life fade away sooner. Something that would ruin him. Something that would end his life just as harshly as it ended his family's all those years ago.

"I am sorry Jungkook," he whispered as he felt silent tears escape his eyes.

***

Jungkook got ready for school and headed downstairs at 7:30. He frowned in disapproval when he saw his dad asleep in the living room. Oh how he hated that man.

Why did he treat Jungkook like a person knowing the kind of monster he was?

***

At school, he saw Taehyung, Jimin, his Jin and another guy- who he remembered as Yoongi- sitting together. Although he really wanted Jin to be alone (with him), he was slightly grateful due to the situation the day before. "Good morning, hyungs," Jungkook greeted. Jin, who hadn't noticed Jungkook entering because his back was facing the entrance, felt his heart racing rapidly in his chest at the sound.