THIRTEEN

Years ago, when Yugyeom and Jungkook were 8, Sujin had gotten seriously injured on duty. In the hospital bed, she was filled with appreciation for her coworker who had agreed to take care of the children. When they visited her, her heart broke every time she saw the poor children look at her with worry and fear, especially Jungkoook who did his best to try to seem indifferent.

One day in particular, another one of her coworkers had come to visit her. Along with her, she brought her son, Kim Seokjin. She asked the boys to play together as they talked.

As the oldest among the boys, Seokjin tried his best to make start up a conversation with the other boys. Yugyeom responded with all the enthusiasm that Jungkook lacked. Eventually, he gave in to the older's charms and conversed with him happily.

At that moment in Seokjin's presence, all of Jungkook's fears, worries, and confusion had hidden away. He felt a calm and peace that he had never in his life. With Seokjin came comfort and happiness, all of which was gone too soon when the boy left with his mother. And only too late did he realize that they never told each other their names.

Jungkook's foolish pride never allowed him to ask Sujin about the boy. He buried that memory deep in his mind until the the comfort he felt was all he could recall, and the boy's voice and face was all a distant memory he could never get to again. Subconsciously, Jungkook had felt the same feelings he had gotten years ago from that boy in the hospital. His body and heart remembered Jin, though his mind didn't.

Yugyeom was no fool. Even back then. he'd known Jungkook felt something near Jin; after all, he had never seemed so carefree before. However, he had never considered the possibility that Jungkook had fallen for Jin. He could never believe that Jungkook loved Jin.

No. He was sure that it wasn't Jin he loved, but rather the feeling he got from being around Jin and his aura. Jungkook craved the gentle peaceful feeling that came with the boy. That was all. Jin was from another world entirely--one that Jungkook had been denied since childhood. That innocent and blissful life that Jin lead was exactly what had attracted him. Probably.

Yugyeom truly believed that he knew Jungkook the best.

***

Taehyung didn't like being around Jungkook anymore. He didn't know why, but ever since that day when he introduced Jin to Jungkook (more or less) he felt a strange fear/worry being near him.

And he felt GUILTY. After all, Jungkook was a sweet kid who fought off people who hurt puppies. How could anyone dislike him? And yet, here he was. Not liking Jungkook.

At the coffee shop with his friends, Taehyung kept trying to get Jungkook to admit to the fact that he had fought for a puppy, but the younger kept denying that such a thing ever happened. He had been hoping that Jungkook would about it, and he'd be forced to give up his dislike towards him, but it didn't happen. He still felt uneasy around Kook.

"Taehyung."

"Taehyung~ah."

"Taehyung!" Taehyung's eyes snapped wide open. "Jiminie?" He called. "Gosh. I've been trying to get your attention for the past minute. Are you okay? Were you dreaming or thinking?"

"Ah. I was just thinking. About...stuff."

"Thinking? Are you really okay? Is something bothering you, Tae?" Jimin wore that cute frown on his forehead that he always had when he was concerned. He'd dwell on it more if he wasn’t busy mentally scolding himself. So he decided to confide on his best friend instead.

"Minie, actually there is something..." he admitted. Jimin's frown deepened. He patiently waited for Taehyung to continue.

Letting out a deep sigh, he said,"Actually, Jungkook... it's about Jungkook. Uhhh... he's a sweet, sweet, adorable kid, right? He's just shy, right?" He asked, looking for confirmation from Jimin. Jimin nodded. Of course he did; to him, Kook was the most adorable person to ever exist on this planet. Thinking about this made him feel even more guilty. He continued anyway.

"So, lately, anytime I'm around Jungkook, I feel like something isn't right. I feel super uneasy. And it doesn't make sense cause he is a very sweet being, but my senses don't agree. I really don't know why, and I don't like it...but yeah." He carefully looked at Jimin's reaction as he stopped speaking.

Jimin stood there, still with a frown. After a moment, he responded,"I've felt that too, recently. It really doesn't make sense, so I thought that it was because of how he acts around Jin; especially these days. Like...he is normally really quiet, right? But as soon as Jin comes around, he starts talking about everything and anything. It confused me, but I figured that's what being in love does to a person."

"Well, it is true that the Jungkook around Jin, and the Jungkook around everyone else is very different. Maybe it is that which has been giving me this feeling," Taehyung replied. Smiling, he said,"Thanks Minie, I feel a lot better now. I'll try to see if that's really what's going on here with me."

***

Jungkook sat in front of his...toys or whatever you call them. He had to talk about this with someone.

"You. You girl. What the f*ck is up with everyone lately? Why don't they just leave my Jin and me alone? I try and try to keep Jin to myself, and someone always comes to ruin it. And I can't even make them disappear at this point. Too risky. Just... why won't they just leave? Yugyeom seems like he is up to something, Taehyung and Jimin are too clingy. And Yoongi...quite the opposite with him. He doesn't seem to care. I mean, there's something wrong with him, right? He doesn't acknowledge Jin's beauty at all. Is he up to something too?"

He waited for the corpse's response. Nothing.

"ANSWER ME. WHAT IS GOING ON??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE? WHY DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND?"

Once again, it didn't answer.

Jungkook scoffed. "You useless insects. I should find a new one. One that will actually listen to me."

Corpses were useless. Free humans were useless. So he had to find a live captive that would actually respond to him.

It has to be someone worrying him, right? Jimin or Taehyung were too risky, since one always kept track of the other. So Yoongi would have to do. His impulsive behavior made him unpredictable, and therefore easy to circulate rumours about his disappearance.

Also, tied up and helpless, maybe he would finally reveal intent.

So Yoongi it was.

***
A/N
So half of this almost got deleted, and I was about to destroy the world out of frustration, until I realized that revision histories are a thing. So.

Don't forget that the Asks are still up and will be for a little longer.

AND WHY AM I GOING AFTER THE RAP LINE LIKE THIS. THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS.

Also, I have no idea what Jinkook end will be like yet, although other stuff has been sorta planned. Like, they were supposed to live happily ever after, but do I really want for Jin to be with a psycho? Not really. So we'll see.