Amy's Choice Pt. 5

The Doctor activates his sonic screwdriver.

"Ok, where is it?" he gets the frequency, then opens the door and zaps the lights. The old people close their eyes and mouths, and he and {Y/N} escape, mister Nainby is attacking a camper van parked nearby.

"Oh help, somebody."

"Oh, you couldn't live near the shops, could you" the Doctor mutters.

"Help me!" {Y/N} knocks mister Nainby down and the Doctor gets into the driver's seat, while {Y/N} hopes into the passenger seat.

"It's okay, it's only us" {Y/N} smiles, they drive by the playground where a group of mothers is being attacked.

"Get in, get in, get in. Quickly, quickly, over here. Quickly. Get in."

"Come on, jump in. Quickly, get in now. Quickly. Hurry up. Are we in?" the Doctor asks, they then rescue a family by a gate.

"Come on, let's go."

"Quickly, in here."

"All four, quick."

"That's it. Clear."

"Everyone in."

***

There is a thick layer of frost over everything, the Doctor and {Y/N} face each other and Rory lays behind {Y/N} they are also covered in frost, Amy sits on the steps of the TARDIS looking at the three.

"Poor Amy. They always leave you, don't they, alone in the dark. Never apologise" the Dream Lord says.

"They don't have to," Amy says.

"That's good because they never will. And now they've left you with me. Spooky old, not to be trusted me. Anything could happen."

"Who are you, and what do you want? {Y/N} knows you, but she's not telling me who you are. And she always does. Takes her a while sometimes, but she tells me, they both do. So, you're something different."

"Oh, is that who you think you are? The one they trust?"

"Actually, yes."

"The only girl in the universe to whom {Y/N} and the Doctor tell everything?"

"Yes."

"So, what're their names?" he disappears and reappears between Rory and {Y/N} "now, which one of these three would you really choose? Look at them. You ran away with a handsome and a pretty hero. Would you really give them up for a bumbling country doctor who thinks the only thing he needs to be interesting is a ponytail?"

"Stop it."

"But maybe it's better than loving and losing the Doctor and {Y/N}. Pick a world, and this nightmare will all be over. They'll listen to you. It's you they're waiting for. Amy's men and girl. Amy's choice."

***

The Doctor and {Y/N} gets rid of their passengers.

"Everybody, out, out, out. Into the church, that's right. Don't answer the door" they drive off. The Dream Lord appears wearing a peach racing suit and holding a full-face helmet.

"It's make your mind up time in both worlds," he says.

"Fine. We need to find our friends" the Doctor says.

"Friends? Is that the right word for the people you acquire? Friends are people you stay in touch with. Your friends never see you again once they've grown up. The old man and lady prefer the company of the young, do they not?" the Dream Lord vanishes again, and the Doctor and {Y/N} arrive outside the cottage to see the slow-motion onslaught of the elderly.

"Ok," he says, they both get out.

*To Rory and Amy*

Amy wakes up.