Amy's Choice Pt. 2

Börja om från början

"It's Amy's dream too. Isn't it, Amy?" Rory asks.

"Yes. Course it is, yeah" Amy says.

"What's that?" {Y/N} asks.

"Old people's home," the sign outside says SARN Residential Care Home. A man is looking out of a window, then a woman and another man.

"You said everyone here lives to their nineties. There's something here that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick" the Doctor says, running off with {Y/N} and Rory following.

"Oh. Can we not do the running thing?" Amy asks.

*Time skip*

"Oh hello, Doctor Williams."

"Hello, Rory love."

"Hello, Mrs. Poggit. How's your hip?" Rory asks.

"A bit stiff."

"Oh, easy, D-96 compound, plus" {Y/N} asks.

"No, you don't have that yet. Forget that" the Doctor says.

"Who's your friends? Junior doctors?"

"Yes," Rory nods.

"Can I borrow you? You're the size of my grandson" the Doctor has to try on the sweater Mrs Poggit is knitting, {Y/N} smiles.

"Slightly keen to move on. Freak psychic schism to sort out. You're incredibly old, aren't you?" the Doctor asks, the rest of the residents in the lounge stare at him, then the birdsong starts and they fall asleep.

***

"Ok, I hate this, Doctor, {Y/N}. Stop it, because this is definitely real. It's definitely this one. I keep saying that, don't I?" Amy says as they wake back up on the TARDIS.

"It's bloody cold," Rory says, the Doctor runs off.

"The heating's off" {Y/N} says, rubbing her hands together.

"The heating's off?"

"Yeah. Put on a jumper. That's what I always do" the Doctor says.

"Er, yes. Sorry about Mrs. Poggit. She's so lovely though" Rory says.

"I wouldn't believe her nice old lady act if I were you" {Y/N} says.

"What do you mean, act?" Amy asks looking at {Y/N} who was working on the console.

"Everything's off. Sensors, core power. We're drifting. The scanner's down so we can't even see out. We could be anywhere. Someone, something, is overriding the controls" {Y/N} says, the Doctor stops at the bottom of the stairs, a little man in a red bow tie and tweed jacket suddenly appears on the stairs behind the Doctor.

"Well, that took a while. Honestly, I'd heard such good things. Last of the Time Lords, the Oncoming Storms. Them in the bow tie" the little man says, {Y/N} and the Doctor look at him.

"How did you get into my TARDIS? What are you?" the Doctor asks, the little man walks over to {Y/N}, standing oddly close to her.

"What shall we call me? Well, if you're the Time Lords, let's call me the Dream Lord."

"Nice look" {Y/N} says looking down at the Dream Lord.

"This? No, I'm not convinced. Bow ties?" the Doctor throws something from his pocket through the Dream Lord "interesting. I'd love to be impressed, but Dream Lord. It's in the name, isn't it? Spooky. Not quite there" he pops up behind Amy and Rory "and yet, very much here"

"I'll do the talking, thank you. Amy, want to take a guess at what that is?" the Doctor asks.

"Er, Dream Lord. He creates dreams."

"Dreams, delusions, cheap tricks" {Y/N} says walking around the console meeting the Dream Lord halfway.

"And what about the gooseberry, here. Does he get a guess?"

"Er, listen, mate. If anyone's the gooseberry round here, it's the Doctor" Rory says.

"Well now, there's a delusion I'm not responsible for."

"No, he is. Isn't he, Amy" Rory says.

"Oh, Amy, have to sort your men and lady out. Choose, even."

"I have chosen. Of course, I've chosen" Amy is standing close to the Doctor, but she hits Rory "it's you, stupid."

"Oh, good. Thanks" Rory says, the Dream Lord pops behind them again.

"You can't fool me. I've seen your dreams. Some of them twice. Amy. Blimey, I'd blush if I had a blood supply or a real face" the Dream Lord says.

"Where did you pick up this cheap cabaret act?" {Y/N} asks.

"Me? Oh, you're on shaky ground."

"Am I?"

"If you had any more tawdry quirks you could open up a Tawdry Quirk Shop. The madcap vehicle, the cockamamie hair, the clothes designed by a first-year fashion student. I'm surprised you haven't got a little purple space dog just to ram home what an intergalactic wag you are" {Y/N} goes to move towards him but the Doctor grabs her "where was I?"

"You were..." Rory starts but is cut off.

"I know where I was. So, here's your challenge. Two worlds. Here, in the time machine, and there, in the village that time forgot. One is real, the other's fake. And just to make it more interesting, you're going to face in both worlds a deadly danger, but only one of the dangers is real. Tweet, tweet. Time to sleep" the birdsong happens again and the Doctor, Amy, and Rory fall to the ground {Y/N} looks up at the Dream Lord who was smirking at her "oh. Or are you waking up?" she tries to stay awake staggering to the side, but she finally fails falling to the ground.

***

The residents are gone. The Dream Lord walks in wearing a dark suit and tie, with an x-ray in his hand.

"Oh, this is bad. This is very, very bad. Look at this X-ray. Your brain is completely see-through. But then, I've always been able to see through you, {Y/N}."

"Always? What do you mean, always?" Amy asks.

"Now then, the prognosis is this. If you die in the dream, you wake up in reality. Healthy recovery in next to no time. Ask me what happens if you die in reality?"

"What happens?" Rory asks.

"You die, stupid. That's why it's called reality."

"Have you met {Y/N} before? Do you know him? {Y/N}, does he?" Amy asks, {Y/N} is still sat on the ground.

"Now don't get jealous. She's been around, our girl. But never mind that. You've got a world to choose. One reality was always too much for you, {Y/N}. Take two and call me in the morning" the Dream Lord vanishes.

"Ok, I don't like him," Rory says, the Doctor kneels down next to {Y/N}.

"Who is he?" Amy asks.

"I don't know. It's a big universe" {Y/N} says standing up.

"Why is he doing this?"

"Maybe because he has no physical form. That gets you down after a while, so he's taking it out on folk like us who can touch and eat and feel" the Doctor says.

"What does he mean, deadly danger, though? Nothing deadly has happened here. I mean, a bit of natural wastage, obviously" Rory says, the Doctor takes off the sweater.

"They've all gone. They've all gone" {Y/N} says looking around.

---

~Bread 🍞