Amy's Choice Pt. 2

"Oh, this is bad. I don't like this" the Doctor says, Amy sits in the seat next to the console while Rory and {Y/N} chat next to her, the Doctor suddenly kicks the console, and hurts his leg and falls right into {Y/N} who props herself up against the railing "argh. Never use force. You just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case, always use force" with that he starts walking down the stairs that lead to under the console, {Y/N} follows.

"Shall I run and get the manual?" Amy asks.

"He threw it in a supernova" {Y/N} says.

"He threw the manual in a supernova? Why?"

"Because I disagreed with it. Stop talking to me when I'm cross" the Doctor says

"Ok, but whatever's wrong with the TARDIS, is that what caused us to dream about the future?" Rory asks.

"If we were dreaming of the future" {Y/N} says looking up at Rory from under the glass floor.

"Well, of course, we were. We were in Leadworth" Amy says.

"Upper Leadworth" Rory clarifies.

"Yeah, and we could still be in Upper Leadworth, dreaming of this. Don't you get it?" the Doctor says as him and {Y/N} walk back up to Amy and Rory.

"No, ok? No, this is real. I'm definitely awake now" Amy says.

"And you thought you were definitely awake when you were all elephanty," the Doctor says making a gesture.

"Hey. Pregnant" Amy says.

"And you could be giving birth right now. This could be the dream. I told you. Trust nothing, we see or hear or feel. Look around you. Examine everything. Look for all the details that don't ring true" the Doctor replies.

"Ok, we're in a spaceship that's bigger on the inside than the outside," Rory says.

"With bow tie-wearing aliens" Amy adds.

"So maybe what rings true isn't so simple," Rory says.

"Valid point" {Y/N} says just as the TARDIS switches off. There is just a faint glow from the time rotor left "it's dead. We're in a dead time machine" a bird sings. Rory hugs Amy.

"Remember, this is real. But when we wake up in the other place, remember how real this feels" the Doctor says.

"It is real. I know it's real" Amy says.

***

A teacher leads a crocodile of schoolchildren past. The church clock is chiming as Rory and Amy wake up on a bench outside the Library while {Y/N} and the Doctor are looking around.

"Ok, this is the real one. Definitely this one. It's all solid" Amy says.

"It felt solid in the TARDIS too. You can't spot a dream while you're having it" {Y/N} says as the Doctor waves his hand in front of his face.

"What are you doing?" Rory asks.

"Looking for motion blur, pixelation. It could be a computer simulation. I don't think so, though" the Doctor says, a little old woman walks past.

"Hello, Doctor."

"Hi," Rory says waving.

"Hello. You're a doctor" the Doctor asks looking at Rory.

"Yeah. And unlike you, I've actually passed some exams."

"A doctor, not a nurse. Just like you've always dreamed. How interesting" {Y/N} says.

"What is?"

"Your dream wife, your dream job, probably your dream baby. Maybe this is your dream" {Y/N} says.