Amy's Choice Pt. 1

In the quiet countryside, a cockerel crows. A very heavily pregnant Amy is mixing ingredients in a bowl when she suddenly puts it down and gasps.

"Rory!" Amy shouts, a long-haired Rory returns home on his bicycle "Rory, it's starting!" Rory drops his bike to the ground and runs inside to only find Amy contentedly eating cake mix.

"Ah. Ok, ok" Rory panics.

"False alarm," Amy says, her mouth full of cake mix.

"What?" Rory asks.

"Well, I don't know what it feels like. I've never had a baby before" Amy says, the sound of the TARDIS materialising makes Amy get up.

"No," she says.

"I know, leaf blowers. Use a rake" Rory shouts.

"No, it's..." the TARDIS parks herself directly outside the front window "I knew. I just knew" Rory and Amy run outside, the Doctor has to try and step over a small rockery to get out, {Y/N} sighs to herself as he knocks a brick down, she jumps and lands on the grass without destroying the garden bed, Rory is the first one out.

"Rory!" the Doctor says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}!" Rory shouts.

"I've crushed your flowers," the Doctor says.

"Oh, Amy will kill you" Rory replies.

"Where is she?" {Y/N} asks.

"She'll need a bit longer," Rory says.

"Whenever you're ready, Amy," the Doctor says, just then Amy waddles out "oh, way-hey! You've swallowed a planet!"

"I'm pregnant," Amy says.

"You're huge" {Y/N} says smiling.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant."

"Look at you. When worlds collide" the Doctor says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, I'm pregnant."

"Oh, look at you both. Five years later and you haven't changed a bit, apart from age and size" {Y/N} grins.

"Oh, it's good to see you, Doctor and {Y/N}."

"Are you pregnant?" the Doctor asks.

*Time skip*

"Ah, Leadworth. Vibrant as ever" the Doctor says.

"It's Upper Leadworth, actually. We've gone slightly upmarket" Rory says.

"Where is everyone?" {Y/N} asks.

"This is busy. Ok, it's quiet, but it's really restful and healthy. Loads of people here live well into their nineties" Amy says.

"Well, don't let that get you down," the Doctor says as they all squish onto a bench.

"It's not getting me down," Amy says.

"Well, we wanted to see how you were. You know us, we don't just abandon people when they leave the TARDIS. This Time Lord's for life. You don't get rid of your old pals the Doctor and {Y/N} so easily" the Doctor says.

"Hmm. You two came here by mistake, didn't you?"

"Yeah, bit of a mistake. But look, what a result. Look at this bench. What a nice bench. What will they think of next? So. What do you do around here to stave off the, you know..." {Y/N} looks around.

"Boredom," Amy says.

"Self-harm" {Y/N} says.

"We relax," Rory says.

"Relax" the Doctor whispers leaning over to {Y/N}.

"We live. We listen to the birds" Rory says.

"Yeah, see? Birds. Those are nice" Amy says.

"We didn't get time to listen to birdsong back in the TARDIS days, did we?" Rory asks, the bird is very loud, and the two Time Lords cringe.

"Oh blimey, my head's a bit. Ooo. Er, no, you're right, there wasn't a lot of time for birdsong back in the good old" Rory, Amy, {Y/N} and the Doctor fall asleep.

***

The Doctor wakes up on the console floor with {Y/N} next to him. Short haired Rory and non-pregnant Amy enter.

"Days. What? No, yes, sorry, what?" {Y/N} asks standing.

"Oh, you're ok. Oh, thank God. I had a terrible nightmare about you two. That was scary. Don't ask. You don't want to know. You're safe now" the Doctor says as he hugs Amy.

"Oh, ok," Amy says.

"That's what counts. Blimey. Never dropped off like that before. Well, never, really. I'm getting on a bit, you see. Don't let the cool gear fool you. Now, what's wrong with the console? Red flashing lights. I bet they mean something" the Doctor says, {Y/N} stares down Rory and Amy confusion written over her face.

"Er, Doctor, I also had a kind of dream thing," Rory says.

"Yeah, so did I," Amy says.

"Yeah, same" {Y/N} adds, shaking her head.

"Not a nightmare, though, just, er, we were married," Rory says looking at Amy.

"Yeah. In a little village" Amy says.

"A sweet little village and you were pregnant," Rory says.

"Yes, I was huge. I was a boat."

"So you had the same dream, then? Exactly the same dream?" the Doctor walks over to Rory pulling down his jacket.

"Are you calling me a boat?"

"And Doctor and {Y/N}, you were both visiting," Rory says.

"Yeah, yeah, you came to our cottage," Amy says, {Y/N} looks at Amy's belly.

"How can we have the same dream? It doesn't make any sense."

"And you had a nightmare about us. What happened to us in the nightmare?" Amy asks looking at the Doctor.

"It was a bit similar, in some aspects," the Doctor says.

"Which aspects?"

"Well, all of them" the Doctor and {Y/N} say.

"You both had the same dream."

"Basically" {Y/N} says.

"You said it was a nightmare," Rory says looking at the Doctor.

"Did I say nightmare? No, more of a really good mare. Look, it doesn't matter. We all had some kind of psychic episode. We probably jumped a time track or something. Forget it. We're back to reality now" the Doctor says, a bird is singing.

"Doctor? {Y/N}? If we're back to reality, how come I can still hear birds?" Amy says.

"Yeah, the same birds. The same ones we heard in the..." they all fall asleep again falling to the TARDIS floor with a thud.

***

"...Dream. Oh! Sorry" Rory quickly pulls away as he and the Doctor had their foreheads pressed together "nodded off. Stupid. God, I must be overdoing it. I was dreaming we were back on the TARDIS" Rory says, the Doctor checks his braces and walks away, with {Y/N} following "you had the same dream, didn't you?"

"Weren't we just saying the same thing?" Amy asks.

"But we thought this was the dream, didn't we?"

"I think so. Why do dreams have to fade so quickly?"

"{Y/N}, Doctor, what is going on?" Rory asks.

"Is this because of you two? Is this some Time Lordy thing because you've both shown up again?" Amy asks.

"Listen to me. Trust nothing. From now on, trust nothing you see, hear or feel" {Y/N} says.

"But we're awake now," Rory says.

"Yeah. You thought you were awake on the TARDIS, too" the Doctor says.

"But we're home," Amy says.

"Yeah, you're home. You're also dreaming. Trouble is, Rory, Amy, which is which? Are we flashing forwards or backwards? Hold on tight. This is going be a tricky one" {Y/N} says placing her hand on the Doctor's shoulder.

---

~Bread 🍞