Blake and I sat on the far right. Draco and the other boy sat on the far left side of the row of chairs. Severus stayed standing. It didn't look like the Headmaster was going to ask him to sit down so I reached up and patted his arm softly. He looked down at me and with a sigh he took a seat.

Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk as he said, "Well Professor Snape has told me that he would like to have Mr. Wilkes expelled and Mr. Malfoy put in detention for 3 months. Do you have anything to defend yourself with?" he asked of the two boys.

The older boy said, "Cox, you told them? Didn't I tell you what would happen if you told anyone?'

Blake nodded and was about to retort when Severus said, "Oh yes he did tell us. I was very unhappy to find out that you were blackmailing him into silence by using the safety of Miss Wallwirt to force him to remain silent."

The boy's mouth opened slightly and he said, "I didn't blackmail him or mention anything about the Gryffindor girl."

Severus said coldly, "Yes you did."

"How would you even know? He could by lying just to get us in trouble. It's common knowledge that the Gryffindor girl hates Draco. Maybe he was plotting against us with her."

"Well I would be careful who you make enemies with Mr. Malfoy. Miss Wallwirt is easily one of the best students here. So much so that she was able to perform a spell to take Mr. Cox myself and her back to the memory Mr. Cox had. It worked much like a pensive and I'm sure you know that you cannot manipulate memories unless you are extremely powerful."

He looked terrified by the time Severus was done talking, "Well if the Gryffindor girl is so powerful maybe she made up the memories to get us in trouble."

Dumbledore said, "While I believe that Miss Wallwirt could manipulate memories with a little training I do not believe she did. Now instead of making excuses with no evidence behind them can someone tell me what happened?"

Blake said finally, "Well you see I wasn't being as mean to Gryffindors as they would like so they bound me and then they were able to render me unconscious."

He didn't include how they did so; Dumbledore had seen him when he came to see the troll.

"I assume Miss Wallwirt and Professor Snape were able to heal all of your knife wounds?" Dumbledore questioned.

Blake nodded and Dumbledore thought about something for a while.

"Mr Malfoy and Mr. Wilkes you may return to your common room for now. I will be able to tell you what your punishment is tomorrow."

They both nodded and walked out of the room. Draco walked out looking at the ground but the other boy glared at Blake one more time before leaving.

Once they were gone Severus stood up and asked, "Why couldn't you just expel him right now?"

Dumbledore spread his hands out and said, "Both Mr. Wilkes and Mr. Malfoy are both Govenors of Hogwarts. They both use intimidation to get what they want. If I was to try and expel Mr. Wilkes I'm sure they would be able to overturn my decision. I can put him in detention for the rest of the year but I'm afraid that's all I can do."

Severus yelled, "What? No! He can't stay here at Hogwarts!"

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows and asked, "Why not? He wouldn't dare try and hurt anyone else after this."

My father shook his head and said, "You would think that but this will only propel him to hurt others even more."

"I'm sure Mr. Cox and Miss Wallwirt will be on the lookout. I'm sorry Severus but even if I wanted to expel him; and I do, I would not succeed."