Imagine 9 (Boo Seungkwan)

warning: unplanned angst ahead. I meant for this to be fluffy. at least the ending turned out cute.

happy Boo day!!

"We missed you today."

Seungkwan could hear the sad smile in your voice as you replied. "I missed you too, boo, and I'm so, so sorry I couldn't be there for your birthday."

"No, y/n, don't be sorry!" Seungkwan exclaimed, rolling over onto his stomach. "I understand. Your work is more important. I didn't even think about you missing my birthday."

You chuckled into the phone. "More important than my personal life? More important than you?" You sighed. "Seungkwan, if you missed my birthday, that would be okay. You have your idol schedule, and I understand that you can't get out of that. But I should've tried harder to get out of work. It's my fault that I missed your birthday."

"It's not!" Seungkwan cried.

Your sigh crackled through the speakers. "It is. I feel like a bad girlfriend."

Seungkwan wriggled off his bed, landing on the floor with a thump. "You shouldn't put yourself down like that."

"What are you doing?" you asked, hearing him scuffling around in his room.

"No one talks about my girlfriend like that," Seungkwan declared.

You couldn't hold back a dry chuckle. "Not even your girlfriend?"

"Especially not my girlfriend. I'm coming over there right now."

"Seungkwan, it's midnight!" you exclaimed. "You shouldn't —"

"No, y/n, you need to see me," Seungkwan insisted. "Don't worry about my safety. I'll get Mingyu to drive me."

You opened your door with a small smile, letting Seungkwan in.

Mingyu waved from the doorway before turning and walking back to the car. "Text me when you want to be picked up!" he called.

As soon as the door closed, Seungkwan wrapped his arms around you, tucking your head into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," he murmured, and you felt him tremble slightly. "There is no reason you should ever, ever feel like this."

He nuzzled his face into the crook of your shoulder, making you gasp — his cheeks were wet. "My love, I've missed so many special days with you — don't you ever feel bad for missing a day with me when you tried your best not to." Seungkwan let out a soft sob, and his arms tightened around you. "Please."

You stood there, stunned. Slowly, you raised your hands — one to grasp Seungkwan's shoulder and the other to stroke his hair gently. "Seungkwan, I —" You sighed, a smile growing on your face. "Thank you."

The two of you slowly migrated to the living room, lowering yourselves onto the couch. Seungkwan pulled you into his lap, moving so his head was resting in the crook of your shoulder and guiding your head down to rest on his shoulders.

"I bought you a birthday present, but I guess it should wait, huh?" you asked with a small laugh. "I'm sorry..."

"You don't have to be," Seungkwan murmured. "Y/n, you don't ever have to be sorry."

You relaxed into his warm embrace, closing your eyes. "Hey... happy birthday," you breathed. "Even though you had to come comfort your emotionally unstable girlfriend."

Seungkwan sighed contentedly. "Any time I spend with you is better than any birthday, y/n." He smiled, drawing you a little closer. "I love you."

"Love you too."