Christmas with Seventeen - Chan

"Can I look now?"

"Not yet," Chan murmured, rustling around on the other side of the room. "Just a little more."

You smiled softly, swinging your legs back and forth. "Now?"

"Give me just a little — ack!"

"Chan?"

"I'm okay," he groaned, and you definitely heard him getting to his feet. "Ah, what a mess..."

"Do you need help?"

"No, I'm fine, I've got this!" Chan exclaimed, hurrying around. "Let me just — hang on — I've got this."

His hand wrapped around yours and gave a gentle squeeze. "Don't look yet, but come with me."

He helped you off the countertop he'd placed you on, leading you across the room, maneuvering around multiple mystery objects on the way.

"All right," he said, and you could hear the smile in his voice. "You can look now."

You opened your eyes and your mouth fell open.

Chan had put up Christmas lights around the perimeter of the room and hung about a hundred individual paper snowflakes from the ceiling...

"Is that mistletoe?" you asked, pointing straight up above you. "Isn't literally everyone in this house a boy except me?"

"Call it a prank?" Chan defended. "It's not like anyone hangs out in the doorway anyways." He wrapped his arms around your waist, resting his chin on your shoulder. "I was planning on taking it down later."

"You just wanted an excuse to kiss me, didn't you?" you chuckled, turning to face him.

Chan flushed a delicate shade of pink. "A little bit, yeah."

You laughed out loud, slinging your arms around his neck. "You should've just asked."

"Not in my living room you don't," Seungcheol announced loudly as he passed through the room, snagging the mistletoe from the doorway on his way past. "We love you, but please do not."

You two jumped apart in surprise.

Chan's blush went from pink to scarlet. "H-hyung! You can't... you can't just — just barge in like that!"

"Is the maknae being mushy again?" Hoshi shouted from the front door.

Chan sighed, putting one arm around your waist. "I'm sorry," he said softly. "I really wanted it to be nice for you."

You rubbed his back, shooting Seungcheol a glare. "It is nice," you assured him. "But if it wasn't for the fact that Christmas is coming I may have murdered him for ruining your grand romantic gesture."

_________________

it's almost Christmas, so in celebration I will be posting a short one-shot every day till Christmas arrives! I decided to start with Chan, but feel free to request which member should be next if you want.

I will also continue to update as normal, except I've decided to increase the update speed to twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting!

[[edit: title typo fixed haha
also, I forgot to mention this, but tomorrow I'll be putting up the first part of the husband!seventeen series, which I'll be posting in age order, then on Saturday, I plan to put up the first part of the soulmate!seventeen series I've been working on, then Prince!Seventeen, and so on.
I write a lot of stuff]]