Ex-Factor

LENA POV

As I followed four members of the Lions Den over to Stef Fosters cell block all I wanted to do was get this over with and hope to god it would be over quick. I was sick about the entire thing and as I felt nothing but nerves and anxiety race through my body. Miss Rose's words only continued to haunt me all day that we would most likely not be able to be friends once I was forced to join the Lions Den. That hit me and hit me hard like a tone of bricks for she was my saving grace and I cared for her deeply.

Many times when Stef Foster and her Den harassed her I wanted to come to her defense each and every time. But Miss Rose told me not to, she begged me not to saying she wouldn't be able to protect me in the way she wanted if Stef turned on me. That made me feel awful this entire thing as my heart grew more and more sad for her.

This was something I didn't understand, none of it as it seemed we walked forever until the tough looking girl with the sharp green eyes stopped and looked right at me.

"Wait here." She says knocking on the cell door as I hear laughing, music playing, and the smell of cigarettes while one girl remains beside me another behind me and three others standing guarding the doorway. All of this only continued to make me nervous as it felt like some alternative universe to me, or some kind of mob thing. God I didn't want to do this, shit I didn't want to do this at all as a group of women leave her cell and I see Stef come to the door smiling at me.

Her long blonde hair is now in loose waves as she wears a loose tank with no bra and sweatpants. I gulp glancing into her harsh and intense hazel eyes as she gently grabs my hand leading me into her cell.

"Hi." She says softly and motioning me to have a seat on her bed as I noticed her how different here cell looking compared to mine and others. She had pretty yellow curtains hanging from the small window, bright yellow soft sheets, throw pillows, flowers, and a few photos on a little nightstand that I could only guess were her children. I tried hard not to stare at the photos as she had a little table set up with two chairs and a small plate with dinner and a drink.

"Hi." I say back taking a seat as she sits beside me rather closely and the radio plays soft music.

"You hungry?"

"Um a tad." I whisper as I feel her finger run up my sleeveless arm. Originally I had thrown on a sweatshirt but the prison heat had been on full max lately causing it to feel like 100 degrees and the last thing I needed was to pass out.

"I didn't know what you liked to eat so I got us chicken parm. That ok?"

"Yes."

"You know Lena I'm not that bad." She begins her voice rather soft as I turn my head to look in her eyes. " I just thought maybe you got tired of not eating much considering you tend to skip meals. Just a little welcome party. No harm in that right?"

"Um..no there's not." I look to the ground again as she gets up pouring a glass of watering and handing it to me.

"Thank you."

"Of course. It's been very warm in here lately. Then at night they freeze us." She laughs but not in the cynical way I had seen prior. " Do you need another blanket or anything. I can get you one. Even warmer clothes, a robe and socks."

Sipping the water I place it on the ground as I continue to avoid her eyes and the last thing I wanted was to eat and I didn't know if I could even get the food to stay down base on how damm scared and nervous I was. "Um..no I have one. I have an extra. I'm ok."

"You don't like huh Lena?"

Turning my head to look at her, her facial expression was rather soft as I wasn't sure how to answer this. Not at all because no I didn't like, infact I couldn't stand her and thought she was a horrible and despicable person with no empathy, compassion or heart. Even if Wanda said she seemed to love her kids and that her kids loved her, I did not. Not one bit."