The Vampires Of Venice Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"There is another option" Guido points to the collection of barrels behind Rory "I work at the Arsenal. We build the warships for the navy" the Doctor sniffs the barrels.

"Gunpowder. Most people just nick stationery from where they work. Look, I have a thing about guns and huge quantities of explosive" the Doctor says.

"What do you suggest, then? We wait until they turn her into an animal?"

"I'll be there three, four hours, tops," Amy says.

"No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. It can't keep happening like this. This is how they go. But we have to know. We go together, say you're our daughter" the Doctor points to {Y/N} and himself.

"What? Don't listen to him" Rory says.

"Your daughter? You both look about nine" Amy says.

"Brother, then," the Doctor says.

"Too weird. Fiancé" Amy says.

"I'm not having him run around telling people he's your fiancé," Rory says.

"No. No, you're right" Amy says.

"Thank you," Rory says.

"I mean, they've already seen the Doctor. You should do it" Amy says.

"Me?" Rory asks.

"Yeah. You can be my brother" Amy says, the Doctor and {Y/N} chuckle.

"Why is him being your brother weird, but with me, it's ok?" Rory asks.

"Actually, I thought you were her fiancé," Guido says.

"Yeah, that's not helping," the Doctor says, he then points to {Y/N} "we're married."

"This whole thing is mental. They're vampires, for God's sake" Rory says.

"We hope" {Y/N} says.

"So, if they're not vampires?" Amy asks.

"Makes you wonder what could be so bad it doesn't actually mind us thinking it's a vampire," the Doctor says making a face.

*Time skip*

Guido poles a gondola along. He is wearing Rory's stag party t-shirt, Rory, {Y/N} and the Doctor sit in the gondola.

"She'll be fine," the Doctor says.

"You can promise me that, can you?" a few minutes later they stop.

"We're here," Guido says a while later Rory, {Y/N} and the Doctor are walking through a tunnel.

"Right. Ok, I'll go first. If anything happens to me, go back" the Doctor says.

"What happened, between him and Amy? You said she kissed him" Rory says whispering to {Y/N}.

"Now? You want to do this now?" {Y/N} whispers back, the Doctor completely unaware of what the two were talking about.

"I have a right to know. I'm getting married in four hundred and thirty years" Rory says.

"She was frightened. I was frightened. But we survived, you know, and the relief of it, and so she kissed me" the Doctor says turning around.

"And you kissed her back," Rory says placing his hands on his hips.

"No. I kissed her mouth."

"Funny."

"Rory. Rory, she kissed him because he was there. It would have been you. It should have been you" {Y/N} says.

"Yeah, it should have been me," Rory says crossing his arms.

"Exactly. That's why we brought you here" the Doctor says, a strong wind blows out their torch leaving them in complete darkness "can we go and see the vampires now, please?" the Doctor whispers grabbing {Y/N}'s hand.

"Could you please let go of my hand" Rory says, {Y/N} snickers, a while later the Doctor climbs up on Rory.

"Push. Come on" the Doctor gets out, Rory gestures to {Y/N} he helps her up the Doctor grabs her hand and lifts her up, they then help Rory up "there we are. Amy. Where's Amy? Amy?"

"I can't see a thing. Just as well I brought this, then" Rory produces a tiny penlight, the Doctor pulls out a small light saber.

"Ultraviolet. Portable sunlight."

"Yours is bigger than mine," Rory says.

"Let's not go there," the Doctor says, {Y/N} laughs.

"If we cancel now, we lose the deposit on the village hall. The salsa band. Oh" Rory says, {Y/N} opens a nearby chest. It contains desiccated vampires "what happened to them?"

"They've had all the moisture taken out of them," the Doctor says.

"That's what vampires do, right? They drink your blood and replace it with their own" Rory says.

"Yeah, except these people haven't just had their blood taken, but all the water in their entire bodies" {Y/N} says taking a stick of sorts out of her pocket and starts poking one.

"Why did they die? Why aren't they like the girls in the school?"

"Maybe not everyone survives the process," the Doctor says.

"You know what's dangerous about you two? It's not that you make people take risks, it's that you make them want to impress you. You make it so they don't want to let you down. You have no idea how dangerous you make people to themselves when you're around" {Y/N} looks at Rory a small frown on her lips.

"Who are you?" six girls have appeared. The Doctor waves his UV light at them.

"We should run. Run" {Y/N} says, they run to a corridor, the Doctor running into something {Y/N} grabs him

"Oh! Rory, come on" the Doctor says, that's when three people block their way, one female and two males.

"Cab for Amy Pond?" {Y/N} asks, Vampires block their retreat.

"This rescue plan. Not exactly watertight, is it?" the Doctor brandishes his UV light again.

"Ah ha!" the Doctor shouts, a girl and Amy run in.

"Rory."

"Amy."

"Quickly, through here."

"Seal the house" they once again enter a tunnel.

"They're not vampires," Amy says.

"What?" the Doctor asks.

"I saw them. I saw her. They're not vampires, they're aliens" Amy replies, {Y/N} sonics the trapdoor hatch.

"Classic" {Y/N} mutters.

"That's good news? What is wrong with you people?" Rory says.

"Come on, Rory. Move" {Y/N} says pushing Rory so he could move forward. The young male and the vampires catch up to them but are held back by the UV light. The male sends the girls ahead of him "keep moving. Come on, guys."

---

~Bread 🍞