18

Just then my balcony door opened and in came jack. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him, not around his neck. He put his arms around me and hugged me tight as i kept sobbing into his shoulder.

"What happened" he asked with a soft and gentle voice. I simply shook my head no while it was still on his shoulder. If i say it out loud that means it a statement which means i believe and i don't want to believe it.

"You can tell me" he whispered reassuringly.

"My dad is... is..." i couldn't say it.

"Shhhh" he hugged me tighter. "You don't have to tell me right now" he reassured. We stood there, all we could hear was my sobbing which eventually faded. The sound of our breath and heartbeats distracted me. I leaned away from jack and looked him in the eye.

"Moms home" i said faintly.

"Dads not" i said shakily but with no tone.

"And he never will be." i looked at floor.

"Its going to be ok. At least it happened while he was fighting for our country." jack said.

He stayed over and i fell asleep with him next to me.

~next day~

"y/n" i heard a voice from the doorway. I take my arm away from jacks body and sit up. With my eye still close i stretch. I rub my eyes and see my mom standing there.

"Hey mom" i say as i look at the clock.

"Is this what you wanted to tell me?" she asked while pointing to jack.

"Ya we are dating now" my mom smiled and that made me happy. Jack was still sound asleep.

"How long has he been here?"

"He came over last night"

"I didn't hear the door" my mom said confused. I simply pointed at the balcony.

"I see...well i already called dance for you. Do you want waffles?" my mom asked. It was nice having her home. She took care of me. "Of course" i smiled.

"JACK" my mom tried to wake him up...nothing. I grabbed a pillow and hit him in the head with it. He opened his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at my mom.

"Hey amy" jack smiled.

"Waffles?" she asked.

"Of course" jack replied which made me and my mom laugh.