17

Just after dance we pulled into my driveway.

"I'll come over in a few" jack said while turning off the car. "K" was my simple response as I got out of the car. I walked into the house and set my dance bag on one of the barstools in the kitchen. I pulled out some milk and butter and boiled some water for macaroni. As the water started boiling i heard a noise from the basement. Im imagining things. I just brushed it off and poured the uncooked macaroni into the boiling water. Then i heard something that sounded like a TV downstairs. I turned off the stove and moved the pan to the other burner. I walked towards the basement and opened the door. To my surprise, all the lights were on, and so was the TV. that is not something a murderer or robber would do. I walked down the stairs slowly and turned around the corner to find...

"Mom?" i asked her, she is supposed to be in africa. I have to tell her about me and jack, she loves the stanford/avery family.

"What are you doing back early" i asked while i engulfed her in a hug.

"Im just here for a few days, i wanted to talk to you" she mumbled into my shoulder.

"Oooo me first" we both sat down on the couch. Something was off about mom. I don't know what it is. Did she get fired? No, she said she was going to go back to africa.

"Ok whats up" she asked but didn't sound enthusiastic.

"Well me and-" i started to tell her but couldn't finish. Something was bothering her.

"Is everything ok, you seem a little off" her eyes watered and i knew it was something bad. The only time i see her like this is during the lion king when simba's dad dies. Oh no.

"Is dad ok" i asked in a shaky and panicked voice. My dad is in the army and has been away for a long time. My mom didn't say anything except she shook her head no. i hugged her tighter than you can imagine. Tears spilled from both of our eyes.

"Is he...is he" i managed to get out between sobs.

"He's gone sweetheart" she whispered. We hugged and then i couldn't handle seeing her like this.

"I'm going up to my room" i got up and walked upstairs in no rush. When i made it to my door, i slowly opened it and walked in. i closed the door and started sobbing with my back against the door