6

~different day~

Me and jack were sitting in the kitchen and attempting to cook dinner as my mom walked through the door.

"Hi amy" jack said to my mom and she walked up to us.

"You guys do everything together, i don't know how you lasted 7 years without each other" she said before walking upstairs.

My mom is barely ever home because of work, she comes home after im asleep and she gets up to leave while i'm at dance.

"I'm gonna go talk to my mom, i'll be back"

I walked upstairs to my moms room and knocked on the door frame.

"Hey babe" she said as she was looking in her closet.

"You look busy mom, why are you here early?" i asked while i walked over to the side of her bed.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but i'm going on a research trip in africa"

"Thats cool"

"...for a year"

"What"

"Well, you're 18 and you can stay here by yourself, ill send money for you and kristin is right nextdoor."

"When are you leaving mom"

"Tomorrow morning"

"What?!"

"I love you, but i have to get ready to go." she pushed my hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead

"Love you too" i said before walking downstairs.

When i got downstairs i found jack plating decently made pizza and he was so focused on making it look perfect, it was cute.

"Boo" i said making him drop the oregano (i don't know if you use that on pizza)

"God y/n" he said looking up at me. I walked down to the counter and started eating my pizza.

"Mmm...its...good" i said with a fake smile.

"It can't be that bad"

"Try it" i said holding out to him

He tried a bite and swallowed hard.

"Exactly, do you want to order pizza"

"Ya" he pulled out his phone to start ordering.

"Hey why aren't you hanging with your mom?"

"She's not staying long" jack looked up confused.

"Meaning you should go talk to her" he said with a weird look on his face.

"Meaning she's busy packing" i sighed

"Shes leaving"

"For a year"

"Well you can always stay with us, my mom loves you more than she loves me"

We ate pizza and i went to bed.

~a week later~

"Mommy, daddys screaming at the tv again" i walk out to see jack playing video games.

"Daddy?" i ask the young girl who looked like me.

"Yes, make him stop" i walk over to the couch and stand in front of him.

"This little girl wants you to stop yelling at the tv" i said while holding the little girl up.

"Sorry princess" he said to her as he started tickling her.

"Stop daddy, you'll wake up baby henry" she giggled out.

Just then a baby started crying and i ran into the other room to find a baby that had jacks eyes. I picked up the baby and started rocking it.

"Hey babe" jack came up to me and kissed me.

"Henry has your eyes"

"Sorry about jordyn waking him up, i'll take him" i handed him to jack and walked back to the living room.

"Jordyn?"

"Yes mommy"

"How old are you"

"5" she replied.