Flesh & Stone Pt. 4

"Well, it can't let me go, ma'am, can it? Not while you're both looking at it."

"We can't stop looking at it, it'll kill you," the Doctor says.

"It's going to kill me anyway. Think it through. There's no way out of this. You both have to leave me."

"Can't you wriggle out?" the Doctor asks.

"No, it's too tight. You have to leave me, sir, ma'am. There's nothing you can do. Sir, ma'am, there's nothing you can do."

"You're dead if we leave you."

"Yes. Yes, I'm dead. And before you go."

"We're not going" {Y/N} says.

"Listen to me, it's important. You can't trust her" Octavian says looking at {Y/N}.

"Trust who?" {Y/N} asks.

"River Song. You think you know her, but you don't. You don't understand who or what she is."

"Then tell me" {Y/N} says.

"I've told you more than I should. Now please, you have to go. It's your duty to your friends."

"Just tell me why she was in Stormcage?" {Y/N} asks.

"She killed a woman. A good woman. A hero to many."

"Who?" the Doctor asks.

"You don't want to know, sir. You really don't."

"Who did she kill?" the Doctor asks.

"Sir, the Angels are coming. You two have to leave me."

"You'll die."

"I will die in the knowledge that my courage did not desert me at the end. For that, I thank God, and bless the path that takes you both to safety."

"We wish we'd known you better" {Y/N} says.

"I think, sir, ma'am, you know me at my best."

"Ready?"

"Content" the Doctor and {Y/N} stand there for a moment, the Doctor sniffles before they dive through the hatch and close it.

"There's a teleport. If I can get it to work. we can beam the others here. Where's Octavian?" River asks the two.

"Octavian's dead. So is that teleport. You're wasting your time. I'm going to need your communicator" the Doctor says.

"Hello? Hello? Hello? Please say you're there. Hello? Hello?"

"Amy? Amy? Is that you?" the Doctor asks.

"Doctor?"

"Where are you? Are the Clerics with you?"

"They've gone. There was a light and they walked into the light. Doctor, they didn't even remember each other."

"No, they wouldn't," the Doctor says.

"What is that light?" River asks.

"Time running out. Amy, I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I should never have left you there" {Y/N} says.

"Well, what do I do now?"

"You come to us. The Primary Flight Deck, the other end of the forest."

"I can't see. I can't open my eyes" {Y/N} takes the communicator from the Doctor.

"Turn on the spot" {Y/N} says.

"Sorry, what?"

"Just do it. Turn on the spot. When the communicator sounds like my screwdriver, that means you're facing the right way. Follow the sound" {Y/N} says putting her screwdriver to the communicator "you have to start moving now. There's Time Energy spilling out of that crack, and you have to stay ahead of it."