Flesh & Stone Pt. 3

"Sir! Angel incoming."

"And here."

"Keep visual contact. Do not let it move" Octavian says.

"Come on, come on, come on. Wakey, wakey. She watched an Angel climb out of the screen. She stared at the Angel and, and..." the Doctor slaps his palm against his forehead.

"The image of an Angel is an Angel," Amy says.

"A living mental image in a living human mind. But we stare at them to stop them getting closer. We don't even blink, and that is exactly what they want. Because as long as our eyes are open, they can climb inside. There's an Angel in her mind" {Y/N} says, the Doctor covers his mouth while {Y/N} and River look down at Amy, Amy suddenly clutches onto {Y/N}'s hand.

"Three. {Y/N}, it's coming. I can feel it. I'm going to die" Amy says.

"Please just shut up. I'm thinking. Now, counting. What's that about? Bob, why are they making her count?" the Doctor asks.

"To make her afraid, sir."

"Ok, but why? What for?"

"For fun, sir" the Doctor throws the communicator away in annoyance.

"{Y/N}, what's happening to me? Explain" Amy says.

"Inside your head, in the vision center of your brain, there's an Angel. It's like there's a screen, a virtual screen inside your mind and the Angel is climbing out of it, and it's coming to shut you off" {Y/N} says.

"Then what I do?" Amy asks.

"If it was a real screen, what would we do? We'd pull the plug. We'd kill the power. But we can't just knock her out, the Angel would just take over" the Doctor says.

"Then what? Quickly" River says.

"We've got to shut down the vision center of her brain. We've got to pull the plug. Starve the Angel" {Y/N} says using her free hand to gesture.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, she's got seconds," River says.

"How would you starve your lungs?" the Doctor asks pointing at River.

"I'd stop breathing."

"Amy, close your eyes" {Y/N} says.

"No. No, I don't want to" Amy says her grip tightening on {Y/N}'s hand.

"Good, because that's not you, that's the Angel inside you. It's afraid. Do it. Close your eyes" {Y/N} says stroking some of Amy's hair back from her face. Amy squeezes her eyes shut. The med scanner changes from red to green.

"She's normalising. Oh, you did it. You did it" River says hugging {Y/N} who chuckles.

"Sir? Two more incoming."

"Three more over here."

"Still weak. Dangerous to move her" River says, as they help Amy sit up.

"So, can I open my eyes now?" Amy asks no longer holding onto {Y/N}'s hand.

"Amy, listen to me. If you open your eyes now for more than a second, you will die. The Angel is still inside you. We haven't stopped it, we've just sort of paused it. You've used up your countdown. You cannot open your eyes" {Y/N} says.

"Doctor, {Y/N}, we're too exposed here. We have to move on."

"We're too exposed everywhere. And Amy can't move. And anyway, that's not the plan" the Doctor says.

"There's a plan?" River asks.

"I don't know yet. I haven't finished talking. Right! Father, you and your Clerics, you're going to stay here, look after Amy" the Doctor says "if anything happens to her, I'll hold every single one of you personally responsible, twice. River, you, {Y/N} and myself, we're going to find the Primary Flight Deck which is..." he licks his finger and holds it up "a quarter of a mile straight ahead, and from there we're going to stabilise the wreckage, stop the Angels, and cure Amy."