Chapter 16

'Ill die!"

I hear a desperate call for help in my head the voice describes the leader of shadowclan killing the cat. I have to help the cat! did starclan send me a message? I think in awe.

"Dus-" I start to call out for a patrol of help then stop. he'll think I'm crazy! I shake my head and look at the exit of the camp.

"Hey! your going to hunt?" Thunderpaw calls to me from the exit when I walk on over.

"Oh..." I say, confused. I have to get going! no time! " oh.. I'm just... I have to--" I stop short, suddenly flustered. " want to come?" I breath out quickely, somewhat relieved. huh? why would I-

"Sure... you lead the way,.." he acts very akward. Does he like me, too? huh? I never- what? whatever. I break into a run to the shadow clan border, smelling fear. thunderpaw is on my tail.

"No need to rus- oh." he spot greystar pinning down cloudpaw and giggles.

"WHY, are you laughing!? go in and help her!" I snarl defensively.

"The-" he gets cut off by his own laughs. "shadow....*giggle* is attacking... the air! and... warrior is.." he laughs uncontrollably.

"Stupid furball!" I meow and dive into a bush when his laughing alerts the intruders. poor cloudpaw!

----------------------------------

Cloudpaw pov.

Giggling! I hear laughing! yes! I turn my head to see thunder paw, laughing his head off. huh! what about me dying is funny! then I scan my surroundings and realize, he can't see me... all he sees is- oh my starclan! that is funny!

I wish he could see me! I think long and hard. c'mon claws...... show yourselves! did it work? I ask myself.

Yep. there is thunderpaw, his smile slowly fading into a battle face. with a loud yowl, he launches himself into greystar, freeing me.

He cares about me, he is saving me!

The bush near him rumbles and another thunderclan cat pops out. featherpaw! she charges to the- sandstorm!

'Sandstorm! you better watch out!' I send her a message but she just sits there. my sister, on the other hand stops short and looks puzzled.

"Don't fight her! she's...on my side. help thunderpaw!" she runs over after giving me a questioning glance.

"Sandstorm? why wouldn't you help me?" I say, a bit hurt.

"It was my turn to die. you chose to take my place." she mumbles.

"No it wasn't! you'll be thunderclan now! we don't kill." I assure her. she turns around and shrugs.

"Sandstorm..." I step closer to her, and she crawls further away from my soft pelt. "please.."

"You'll regret this sandstorm!" the grey leader cries before fleeing across the border. featherpaw pads up to me.

"Cloudpaw.... were you that..." she glances around her nervously then whispers, "that voice in my head?" I shoot my head over to sandstorm, the one who introduced this power to me.

"Sandstorm. power?" I growl at her, expecting her to flick her tail at us. It starts to pour, cleaning up the blood from both battles that occurred here.

"I can cause whether." She turns around to face me and my sister. "and.... I can control the claws of an enemy. You two are sisters so... it's only as expected." she makes me sheath my claws, causing thunderpaw to flick his ears and run towards me.

"There you are!" his bright and happy eyes fade when he sees the surprise on our faces... and sandstorm. "don't worry, I'll get rid of her!" he stalks up with his chest puffed out.

"No." I meow

"W-what is going on here..?" I sigh and he tips his head to the side.

"Ill tell you the story." I moan as I relax my muscles by laying down.

Here goes.