Chapter 8

"Cats of thunderclan! I have found a member of our clan we have thought to be lost." duskstar yowls from the highrock. many heads turn hopefully, from side to side. I am standing behind the deputy. hidden from sight.

"The lost cloudkit!" many cheers are heard and I purr. they missed me!

"The reason she was missing is...." the deputy steps aside to show me and duskstar continues, "cloudkit? You tell the story."

I nod happily and explain. "I chased a butterfly out of camp, into the forest. I-I got lost and heard a cat meow...."

Was that a meow! another cat! I pad over to where the noise is coming from. suddenly, a big net thing is shoves on top of me! the cat I heard earlier is near me, but being handled roughly be a twoleg! another foul creature lumbers above me and reaches down to hold me. I screech and squirm, but only get gawking noises from the two legs. I am placed in a... trap, and they move it around. "Hey! who are you? you smell weird." the cat I heard earlier asks me.

"I'm a forest cat." I respond harshly, " and I only got spotted because I heard your meow!"i suddenly feel angry.

"Oh! oh, oh, no! I am so Soorrryyy!!! I hear you eat bones of your enimies! please don't eat me! is it true?" i feel harsh so I respond coldy.

"Yep. it's true."

It's eyes buldge out in fright, "wha-? Please don't eat me,!,"

"No promises, kittypet." I meow hostily. this is fun!

She whimpers and before I hear her response, I'm put into a monster.

It's my turn to fear now.

After a long time in the monster I decide to sleep. wherever I'm going ill need it.i wake up surrounded by other cats.....

"And I talked to an ugly, hairless cat, I acted cute so a twoleg would take me, and they did! they gave me to the little one, so I squirmed free and ran home!" I skipped the part about the moonstone.

"Very well cloudkit. welcome home." duskstar dismisses me and I run over to my mom.

"Oh! cloudkit! cloudy! my little..." brightwhisker purrs then I break off to say hi to my litter mate.

What a day.