Chapter 12

"How was it?" I wake up to high pictures screams.

"Wha-?" another high pitched scream comes.

"Your am apprentice!! congrats! how was it? can you show me-" oh, it's mist kit.

"Thanks, but I'm tired here. could I sleep first?" I complain.

"Noooo! your already up!" was mist kit always this annoying?

"Fine! it was great. can I sleep now?" I put my head down.

"But teach me something!" she purrs.

"Maybe when I'm not trying to sleep!" I yowl loudly, causing to wake up all the other apprentices.

Her eyes widen and she runs off.

"Wait! don't let me take the fall for this!" ugh it's too late.

Redpaw's eyes narrow and he looks me straight on. sweetpaw gives me a harsh glare before trying to go back to sleep. thunder paw looks around confused, and feather paw...

"Cloud paw! what was that for? We were trying to sleep! " she yowls louder than I did.

"Why don't you ask mist kit." I mumble.

"Maybe I will!" and with that she trots off to the nursery.

I hear redpaw and thunder paw mumble, "dramatic she cats." under their breath and smile.

"So we are dramatic are we?" I purr to the toms, who just look down warily.

"Oh, stop worrying I'm not gonna think into that." I meow.

"Thank starclan!" I hear redpaw meow.

"Unless there is something I should find out. should I think into it?" I tease.

"Oh no." thunderpaw meows.

"Mousebrains! I'm not actually going to! cmon, let's go."i signal my tail. they look confused.

"We are up, so let's hunt!" do I have to connect eveything?

They both get up and follow me out of camp.

"Redpaw and thunderpaw talk for a minute, then redpaw says grudgingly, "hey, can I hunt alone? It's easier."

"Sure." me and thunder paw nod our heads as redpaw walks away sadly.

"What's up with him?"

"Dunno." thunderpaw purrs. why did he purr?

"Mouse!" I meow. oh, wait! my power! umm... "here, you distract it." he does as I say. I turn invisible and walk up to the mouse. I kill it, then run up a tree.

" The mouse ran up here, then I got it . " I meow once my claws are sheathed.

"Nice! want to just... walk?" he meows when redpaw comes up, with 2 voles in his mouth. "or we could drop off our kill and just talk." they agree and we sit outside the den.

"What's your favorite prey?" thunder paw asks me.

"Rabbit, yours?"

"Vole."

"And I like rabbits too!" red paw buts in.

"Uh.,cool."i meow.

"Cloudkit. come with me." my father says from his watch.

I shrug to the other apprentices and follow moonclaw to the abandoned twoleg nest.

" Yes?" I ask him.

"Cloudkit. I know about your powers." I open my eyes wide. how can he know?

"Don't you remember the prophecy that you got from duskstar?" but he wasn't even there.

"I remeber....but you weren't even there! how do you know?"

"Cloudkit. that prophecy has something to so with me! the mentorship of the moon?!" moonclaw purrs.

"Oh....." I wonder what we must do!

"Oh, indeed. Now, do you remember the strange cat?" yes. i do.

"Yes. who could it be?"

"Your partner in crime. that gets turned around by the red wolf and the thunderous howl." moonclaw speaks dryly.

"Was that another prophecy?"

"Yes, dear. I- I have another thing to say...... me and your mother wanted to keep it secret... but it has to do with the prochicey, so..." he sits down.

"Moonclaw! you can trust me!" I reassure him and lick his ear.

"Ok. so do you know you had a sibling?"

"How could I forget mousekit? just because I was gone-" moonclaw cuts me off.

"No, not mousekit! Another one. alive." I don't want to believe him, but I know I must.

"F-featherkit?" I meow, hoping I'm right, but knowing I'm wrong.

"No. Sandstorm. from...."

" Oh my starclan! sandstorm! she is from shadow clan! why?" I can't even fathom...

" My first litter... with a shadow clan.... only she survived..." he was struggling for words. I understood.

"I get it. but shadow clan...." I just sit there and wonder how to talk to her. and what all these things are supposed to mean.