Chapter 11

So this is my 3rd chapter today...please comment!!! Is anyone even reading?

"Mom! stop licking me!!! I look fine!" feather kit whines.

"No, you dont. and it's your apprentice ceremony! you have to tame the fluffy glob!" bright whisker purrs.

"Hey! ill wash myself thanks very much!" feather kit says, making bright whisker come to me.

"Feather kit! no fair!" I meow.

"Now cloud kit, you know how messy your fur gets."moonclaw pads in and says.

"Moonclaw! were going to be apprentices!" me and feather kit meow.

"I see that." He moves his tail side to side on the ground.

"Wee! come on cloud kit! it's fun!" she pounces on his tail. and gets swung side to side.

"No! we are warriors now!" I meow, causing feather kit to stop in her tracks.

"Right." she purrs.

"It's not fair! they get to be apprentices but I don't!!!"River kit whines to oceanflower. "I'm strong. can't I do mine early!!!? please?"

Ocean flower growls and sighs. "no! no,no,no! and for the last time, NO!"

River kit flattens his ears and walks to me. "hi. I wish I could be a apprentice...."

"Yah,,,,,," I meow, secretly wishing the whiny kit would never have to share a den with me again.

"You hate me, don't you." he meows unexpectedly.

"No! I don't hate you!" I lie.

He walks away to his siblings, who run right up to me and featherkit.

"Congrats! I wish I could start already!" swift kit purrs.

"Thanks! do you know why your brother is so grumt all the time?" I meow.

"Tchh! it's being trapped between 6 she cats and no other toms!" most kit purrs. oh!

"All cats old enough to....." I hear dusk star begin to call out the meeting. me and featherkit squel and head to the rock proudly.

"Featherkit, please step forward."

I nudge her to move.

"Feather kit, from now in you will be known as featherpaw. your mentor will be...." she scans the clearing. "Charmtail!" They touch noses and leap down.

"Cloud kit! come on up!" I could se love in her hazel eyes. "you will be known as cloud paw from now on! your mentor will be sand pool!" I touch noses with the sand colored she cat, and then go to meet the other apprentices.

"Hi! I'm thunderpaw! this is redpaw!" a dark Tom and a red Tom say.

"Hi. this is my sister featherkit- feather paw now." I meow.

"Hey! and I'm sweetpaw, this is my sister dawnpaw, and my brother shade paw!" sweet paw says.

"Hello, feather paw! cloudpaw." shade paw purrs.

"We are going to be warriors in 2 moons, you know?" dawn paw says smugly.

"Cloudpaw? want to Learn to hunt now?" sand pool asks me.

"Of coarse!!" we pad into the forest and then we suddenly stop.

"Ok, so here is what you do." she crouches down with her muscles flexed, ears up, tail down. "use your ears to find prey." she tries to sniff out some prey. "uha! ok, then once you've found it, you flatten your ears." She pushes her ears down. "now, you slowly creep up on it... don't step on a branch.... and then you pounce!" she pounces on a vole and drops it at my feet.

"You try." sand pool meows.

I nod and get into the hunters crouch. I look to my mentor and she shakes her head.

"Tail down." right.

I use my ears to try to find some prey.

"Use the nose too." she meows. right!

I finally can smell some prey! I slowly creep up on it, careful not to unsheath my claws or step on anything. once I'm within leaping distance, I pounce.

"Gah!" I yell. I am in top of the creature, holding it down by my paws.

" Why are moles so slippery!!" I complain as it tries to slide out of my paws. every instinct I have orders me to unsheath my claws, but I know I cant. instead, I deliver a killing bite and drop it at my mentors paws.

She looks at me disappointedly. "use. your. claws!" she signals to another mouse and they whispers, "right now. you must start out like that."

Oh no! what am I going to do? "ok." why did I say that!? I stall and sit there.

She hisses, "NOW!" so I do so, mainly out of fright. I run over to the mouse and simply claw at it, knowing it can't see me.

"Where did you go?" sand pool meows as though I'd simply ran, so I sheath my claws and come to her with the mouse.

" Better?"

"Yes. now, show it to me." sand pool

Growls.

"Show you what?"

"Your claws. you won't show them to me, so ill just make you." she meows harshly.

I defiantly meow, "what will yo-?" She leaps onto me and starts to battle train.

"Huh?"

"Attack me!" she purrs.

"No! Ok fine." I unsheath my claws and slide under her belly.

"Huh? you vanished!" sandpool growls.

"I'm right here." I pick up a stick so she can see it fly.i then sheath my claws and tell her about my power.

"Oh.. sorry." she meows guiltily.

" It's ok, your didn't know!" I meow.

"Ok, cloudpaw, even though your invisible, I still have to teach you how to hunt. the prey can still hear and smell you!" sand pool says.

"Alright. but we've already caught 3 .....and..." I meow quietly, silently praying to star clan I don't have to hunt anymore today.

"Fine. ill help you battle. sheath then okay?" sand pool orders.

"But-"

"No buts about it. claws still hurt, and you still don't know how to strike your enemy. and, when you practice in camp, it'll be claws sheathed. you'll never be allowed to fight, or you'll look like a mouse brain. got it?"

"Yes." we both walk over to the training hollow and start to practice.

"The front paw swipe. take a paw of your choice." I choose my left paw. "then stand on your rear paws." I do so." and swipe! try to aim at the muzzle or ear with this move. but it's easy to dodge so take what you can get." I practice the move in the air. "nice. now, try it on me, then ill try it on you."

"Ok." I stare at her ear, but aim for her muzzle. I rear up, and swipe with huge force. she easily ducks and I miss.

"Next time do the trick stare in a different area then where your aiming at. ill go now." sand pool stares at my muzzle. she rears up and reaches for my muzz- no, my paws! she trips me over with great enough force that I land upside down. she quickely pins me down and snarles,

"Give up?"

"Yep." I struggle up and we both go back to camp.