Chapter 18

Archer Walsh

I lay on Channing's bed as I watch her brush her hair. It's been a month or so since we got together and it's been the best time of my life. This is the first time I have fully committed myself to someone and it's the first time, I haven't been the boss. Don't get me wrong, it's very equal between Channing and I, but she never fails to put me in my place. I guess she gets that from her dad, he being a Police Detective and all. 

Channing puts her brush down and gets up and turns to me, smiling. She's wearing a casual outfit, however she looks gorgeous as always. Never in a million years did I think, I would be dating Channing Lewis. I hate to admit it, but she's always scared me which is why I never made an effort beforehand. Not just because she kicked Parker's arse in middle school, which I thought was pretty hilarious to be honest.

"Are you ready to go?" She asks and I snap out of my thoughts and smile up at her.

"Yeah, lets go." I say, grabbing her hand and we leave the house. Of course before we left, she had to say goodbye to Buster. I swear she likes the dog more then she likes me, usually when I leave she gives me a quick peck and that's it, she has to hug the dog for at least 5 minutes and give him a hundred kisses before I pull her out of the house. 

We drive to the restaurant and arrive within 15 minutes. I hold the door open for her and she thanks me, stepping out. I instinctively grab her hand and walk in with her and we take a seat at our table. Since our relationship is new, I have been digging information out of Izzy and Tessa about what she likes to do and her favourite places to eat. From everything they've told me, she's quite a simple person, which really you could tell just by meeting her, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Unlike most days where she has her long blonde hair down and wavy, her hair is straight and in a high ponytail. I never realised how many piercings she had until now, I think I counted 7 in one ear and 6 in the other, she also has a nose piercing, which I already knew about.

"What is with you today?" She asks and I look at her strangely.

"What do you mean?" I ask back.

"You've been staring off into space all day." She comments. Oh I didn't realise.

"That's because I've been admiring you all day." I say back, which causes her to laugh.

"You're not getting cheesy on me now are you?" She asks.

"Can I not admire my beautiful girlfriend?" I question.

"Last week you told me, you have never admired someone in your life and not to expect it because it's super cheesy and you don't do cheesy." She recites to me and I am immediately taken back to that very conversation. Crap.

"Well a lot has changed in a week." I defend myself, taking a bite of my food. 

"Uh huh, sure it has." She comments unconvinced. "So, was it Izzy or Tessa?" She asks out of the blue and I look at her confused.

"Izzy or Tessa what?" I ask.

"Who told you I love Italian food." She answers.

"What if it was one of the guys who I asked?" I ask back and she shakes her head.

"You would never ask one of the guys, because that would make you uncomfortable. Besides, it's a known fact men always ask their girlfriends female friends, because they find it sweet and romantic and the boys will tease you." She says.

"Fine it was Izzy." I answer and she nods triumphantly. I look at her again and smile. "How do you do that?" 

"Do what?" It was her time to ask.

"Know everything. It seems like you can just read people like books, know exactly what they're feeling and thinking." I list.

"Well, my dad's a Detective. I get a lot of my skills from him." She replies. 

"You still not speaking to your mum?" I ask and she shakes her head immediately.

"Hell no." She replies.

"And what about this Audrey, do you like her?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah she's really nice. She makes my dad happy and that's all I can ask for. Besides, she's nice with me to, makes me feel included. Not many people would do that." She comments and I nod my head agreeing with her. 

We spend about an hour in the restaurant, eating and having good conversation. Afterwards we make our way to our spot in the park, where we had our first genuine conversation. I sit down and she sits next to me, cuddling into my side. When I put my arm around her, I notice she's cold, so I take my jacket off and put it around her. 

"Thanks." She says.

"No problem." I reply, leaning down and kissing her. I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's weird seeing this side of Channing, the more open and softer side. I've only ever really seen it with her friends, especially Izzy, so being on the receiving end, sometimes I have to pinch myself. But, I do love her sassy attitude towards everyone else, it's definitely a trait that attracted me to her the most and how protective she is of her friends. 

The kiss deepens and I pick her up so one of her legs is on either side of me. We stay like that for a few minutes and just as I slip my hand around her waist, I feel a buzzing. Despite the buzzing, we continue kissing for a few more seconds, until she pulls away and looks at me.

"I believe that's your phone." She comments and I sigh, reaching into my pocket and answering.

"I'm kind of busy."  I say without looking at the caller ID.

"Well I don't care, we need you home. Your grandparents have decided to make a surprise visit." I hear my dad say on the other side of the phone.

"I'll be back in an hour." I say, however I knew that wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"No, you'll be back in 20 minutes. I'm sure Channing's father would have your head if you did anything with his daughter tonight." My dad says and I sigh, completely forgetting that Channing's dad is a Detective.

"Fine, I'll see you then." I say before hanging up the phone. I look at Channing with a sympathetic look. "I have to go. My grandparents are on their way over."

"It's fine, go and spend time with your family." She says smiling. 

"I'm taking you home first." I say standing up and grabbing her hand.

"I can walk myself you know, I literally live 15 minutes away." She says however I shake my head.

"I'm not letting you walk home by yourself, it's pitch black. And I don't care that you can defend yourself." I say before she can argue that point. We get back in my car and I drive the little way to her house, I park and she leans over giving me a kiss. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asks and I nod. "Night." 

"Night." I say and watch as she walks into her house and sigh before heading back to my own. 

*An Archer POV chapter for you all. Sorry I've been gone a long time again. A lot has been happening. Will try and update again soon. Thanks for all the support!~ Mackenzie XO*