Chapter 5

Right now I am sitting in class with Derek and Morgan

Right now I am sitting in class with Derek and Morgan. Science a class all 3 of us can't stand. I'm currently looking at my nails and whistling in boredom, while Derek has fallen asleep and Morgan is looking at the book like it's an alien. He's not much of a reader. Out of nowhere Kira Khan appears in front of us with a big smile on her face. 

"Hi guys, would you all like to take part in the Science fair in 2 weeks time?!" She asks, very happy and optimistic.

"Kira, do we look like we have the goal of attending the Science fair? I was forced to come here to avoid flunking the entire year and repeating." I comment. 

"They said that to you as well?" Morgan asked and I nod. We look at Derek and see he is still fast asleep. 

"I'm assuming you'll get the same answer from him too." I say to Kira. She nods slowly before walking away. I go back to looking at my freshly pained nails and whistling and Morgan makes a spitball and starts aiming and shooting at people. The bell rings and I grab my bag and hit Morgan and look at Derek who hasn't moved. "What do you think?" I ask.

"Lets just leave him be. He looks like he could use the sleep." Morgan laughs and we leave Derek and walk out the classroom and head to lunch. We approach our table where Izzy sits with Nash, Archer and Chase.

"Where's Derek?" Chase asks.

"He fell asleep in Science so we left him." I respond sitting down, making Chase and Izzy laugh. I get a slight chuckle out of Nash and a smile from Archer? 

"You actually went to Science?" Izzy asks me.

"They threatened to make us repeat if we didn't. And I am not staying here any longer than I need to." I comment.

"I second that. Besides, we're good at Science." Morgan adds and I look at him.

"Morgan, I'm good at Science because I can get a C average, you got an E on your last exam." I remind him and he nods.

"Yeah an E means Excellent. Catch up Channing." He laughs, getting his lunch out, while I look at the 3 other people sitting with us, who are trying to contain their laughter. Derek eventually joins us, glaring at Morgan and I and then we are joined by Zeke, Tessa, Parker and Roman. 

"So, Channing your dad's back from his undercover?" Tessa asks.

"Yeah, he was there when I got home yesterday. I can't help but be suspicious though." I say.

"About what?" Chase asks.

"Well, as soon as my mum calls me yesterday, telling me she's going to be gone almost all week, my dad comes home a week earlier than expected. And they're probably going to get divorced in the next few months anyway." I comment.

"Can't you be optimistic about anything?" Izzy asks.

"My dad's a Detective and my mum's a doctor. No Izzy, I can't. I'm surprised they lasted this long to be completely honest." I continue.