Chapter 10

I finish getting dressed and walk downstairs to see Izzy standing there, looking exceptionally nervous

I finish getting dressed and walk downstairs to see Izzy standing there, looking exceptionally nervous. I shake my head with an amused smirk on my face which causes her to glare at me.

"I don't know how you're so calm." She glares at me and I laugh.

"I don't know why you're making such a big deal over this." I comment and grab my car keys and walk out. She fixes her outfit and looks at me.

"Do you think I'm over dressed?" She asks.

"It's a party, I'm sure there's going to be girls wearing mini skirts and dresses, you're fine." I reply getting into the car. Nash invited Izzy to a party one of his friends from another school is hosting and of course, she had to grab me along if anything happens.

"You couldn't have made a little more effort?" She asks and I give her a look of 'don't go there' and she looks away.

"Appreciate I'm coming. I'm killing my 'Person Of Interest' streak on Netflix for this." I complain as I drive to the address Nash text Izzy to go to. Luckily the drive was only 15 minutes and when we pull up, it's insane. "He wasn't kidding when he said, one of the biggest parties of the year...Remember the rules?" I ask and she nods.

"Don't accept drinks from anyone but you and Nash, keep my phone on me at all times in case we get separated and my limit is 5 drinks, because I'm a lightweight." She says and I nod, patting her shoulder. She sees Nash and jumps out the car, running to him and I get out and watch. He looks over at me and nods and I give him the 'look after her' look and he nods again before leading her inside.

"Are you chaperoning Izzy to a party?" I hear a voice behind me and turn to see Archer.

"Yeah, unfortunately. Apparently she wouldn't come unless I came, which sucks since my bed, dog and 'Person of Interest' Netflix streak are calling my name, waiting for me to come home." I comment and he chuckles. "Why aren't you inside?" I ask.

"Needed some air and I saw you and Izzy pull up, so thought I'd come and say hello." He says.

"Oh really? Because the last time we had an encounter, it wasn't as pleasant." I comment and he nods.

"Are we talking about the car park when you got suspended or when you threw a chair my direction in anger management?" He asks.

"Lets go with both." I answer.

"Maybe I'm hopefully that all happened, because of the shit going on in your personal life." He responds and I nod.

"Partly, but you are an annoying arse too, maybe if you work on that, I may be nicer to you." I suggest and he nods chuckling again.

"I'll take that into consideration." He says before walking back into the party. I see a guy walk up to me clearly drunk and I put my finger up before shoving him away.

"Not happening." I warn and he walks away with a defeated look on his face. I sit on my car and watch the house, I can see Izzy inside dancing with Nash, however he leaves her and someone walks up to her. I get up and walk into the house and approach them, she's batting his hands away, so I shove him away and she looks up and smiles.

"THANKS CHANNING!" She yells, clearly intoxicated.

"No problem. Where is Nash?" I ask.

"I DON'T KNOW! HE SAID HE NEEDED TO TALK TO SOMEONE!" She yells again.

"How much have you had to drink?" I ask.

"10!" She yells and I roll my eyes and take her hand leading her back to my car. I sit her in the passenger seat and tell her to stay. I go back into the house and look for Nash to let him know I'm taking Iz home, however when I turn a corner, I see him and Archer facing off with two other guys from the other school.

"Look Nash, I don't want to embarrass you in front of your little girlfriend." One of them comments.

"You leave her out of this." Nash warns.

"Maybe we want to have some fun with her." The other laughs and I walk over.

"That won't be happening. Don't you boys have better things to be doing?" I ask and they look at me licking their lips.

"And who are you?" The first one asks.

"Way out of your league...I'm taking her home, she's had a little too much to drink and with perverts like these two around also." I comment and Nash nods his head.

"I'll check on her tomorrow." He says and I nod.

"Come on stay and play." The second one says and he grabs my arm, so I grab his shoulder and shove his face into one of the draws.

"My dad's a cop, don't mess with me or my friend, or I will break this shoulder and other things." I warn, holding him there for a few more seconds before shoving him into the wall. "That goes for you too twinkle toes. I'd be ashamed if I were your mothers." I say before leaving. I see Izzy still in the car and I get in.

"What took you so long?!" She exclaims, not so much yelling anymore.

"I went to tell Nash, I was bringing you home. It's your aunt there right?" I ask and she nods. I drive her home and her aunt thanks me, while laughing at her highly intoxicated niece. I drive myself back home and when I pull up I see it's 1 am. I unlock the door and I'm greeted by Buster and when I walk over to the fridge, I see a note.

"Hey kid. Back at work again. Hope you had a nice night and I'll see you tomorrow hopefully." ~ Dad

"Sure thing dad." I say and grab a bottle of coke and make some food before walking upstairs and watching some more episodes of 'Person of Interest' before shutting off the lights and heading to bed.