Chapter 16

My alarm sounds and I groan, leaning over and switching it off. I look at the date and realise it's the first day back at school. Great. However my mood is soon lightened when I see a text come through and see it's from Archer, saying his usual good morning to me. I quickly reply back, before getting up and heading into the shower.

I change into my outfit and throw my hair up in a ponytail, before grabbing all my stuff and walking downstairs

I change into my outfit and throw my hair up in a ponytail, before grabbing all my stuff and walking downstairs. I hear my dad standing in the kitchen and as I go to turn the corner and walk in, I am brought to an immediate stop when I hear a female voice that I don't recognise.

"I just don't know whether I'm ready, or whether Chan's ready." My dad says.

"Your daughter loves you, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you had someone new in your life. From how you've spoke about her, you daughter seems like all she cares about is your happiness." The woman answers. "Anyway I best go before she gets up, I don't want her to get a shock."

"Yeah. I'll see you later Audrey." He says and there's a brief moment of silence, before I hear her shoes walking in my direction, I duck behind a chest of draws and watch her leave. She has long brown hair, olive skin, must be about 5'5 but 5'7 with those heels on and based on what she's wearing, she's either a Lawyer or Businesswoman of some sort. The door closes and I wait a minute, before getting up and walking in the kitchen.

"Hey who just left?" I ask.

"Oh no one, just one of the guys. Big case today." He says with ease. How can he lie to me so easily?

"Oh. Well I can't stay for breakfast, I promised Zeke, I'd take him somewhere before school starts." I say and he nods his head.

"Have a good day." He says and I nod walking out. I lied when I said I promised I'd take Zeke somewhere, truth is I needed to talk to Zeke about what just happened. I text Zeke and tell him, I'm coming over to his house, which he quickly responds to, letting me know I can just walk in. I drive to his house and walk in and see him sitting at the breakfast table alone.

"Hey, what was so urgent. There's cereal there by the way." He says, pointing to the bowl already set out for me.

"Thanks." I reply pouring a bowl and taking a seat opposite him. "My dad's dating." I say and his head snaps in my direction.

"How do you know?" He asks, taking another mouthful.

"Because a super hot chick left our house this morning, not before I overheard them talking about me not being ready for him to have someone new in his life yet. And he lied to my face and told me, it was one of the guys who left the house. Well if one of the guys has decided to dress in skirts and heels, and grown incredibly gorgeous hair within the past couple of weeks, he's totally seeing someone." I vent.

"Wow. I mean I know you didn't meet her, but did she seem nice?" He asks.

"All she said, was something along the lines of, your daughter loves you and with how you've described her, she just wants you to be happy. Which I do, don't get me wrong, but it's weird, I mean I'm used to him and my mum, not that I would ever want them back together after what she did to him and me as well. I just don't know whether I'm ready for him to date again...I know selfish right." I say.