Chapter 13

I throw my bags into the back of my car along with Zeke and Izzy

I throw my bags into the back of my car along with Zeke and Izzy. Today is the day we had up to the cabin for a few days and we've all been looking forward to it. Buster jumps into the back of the car with Izzy, because of course he is coming with us. Zeke jumps into the passenger seat and I look and see my dad closing the boot for me. He walks over and engulfs me in a hug which I happily return.

"Have a good time kiddo. Remember the rules?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"As if I could forget." I respond and he nods his head, satisfied with my answer. I climb into the drivers seat of my car and he leans in. 

"Drive safe. Call me when you get there." He says and I nod, giving him a fist bump. Buster barks and my dad smiles, petting him saying goodbye and we pull away and head off on our 2 hour car journey. 

Through the entire journey we sing along to different songs and listen to Zeke gossip on about people he would shag, marry or kill at school. Most of the time Izzy and I just laughed and shook our heads at his cliche answers. After 2 hours, we pull up at the cabin which looks gorgeous by the way. 

"I CALL DIBS ON THE BIGGEST BEDROOM!" Zeke yells and before I can even comprehend the sentence, Zeke is out of the car and straight into the cabin

"How long till he realises the Derek, Morgan, Chase and Tessa are already here?" Izzy asks.

"I'd give it about 2 minutes." I answer and she nods. A car pulls up beside us and Archer, Nash and the others get out. We get out of the car as well and Izzy runs over to Nash and hugs him. I say hello the others and grab all the bags, which Archer soon comes and helps me with.

"So why isn't Zeke out here helping?" He asks.

"He wanted to get the biggest bedroom, however the others got here first, so I think he's going to be disappointed." I comment and he laughs. We carry the bags in and the first thing we see when we walk in is Tessa opening a bottle of Champagne and the boys jumping from the balcony to love sacks below. 

"Channing, we're in the room 2 doors to the left!" Tessa calls from the kitchen.  

"Thanks!" I call back and take my bags to the room. 

I put all my stuff down and walk back out, walking down the stairs and head onto the outside balcony which looks over the lake

I put all my stuff down and walk back out, walking down the stairs and head onto the outside balcony which looks over the lake. I sigh, happy to finally be away from the drama of the city and somewhere peaceful and quiet...Well to a certain extent with all my friends. I walk back inside and see everyone gathered around in the living room, throwing snacks on the table in the middle and getting games out, because we're old fashioned like that. I take a seat next to Tessa and listen to Morgan whose talking.

"OK, since some of us know each other better than others. I thought we could play truth or dare later, but now we can play two truths and a lie." He says.

"Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the truth aspect in truth or dare later?" I ask and he nods, pointing at me.

"Well done Channing, always the quick thinker." He praises and we all chuckle. Parker clears his throat and we all look at him. 

"I think we should start with Izzy." He comments and we all burst out laughing.

"You say it as if she's got some big secret." Derek comments. 

"Everyone has secrets." Parker retorts.

"Not Izzy. She can't handle secrets, she caves under pressure and spills, which is why no one ever tells her something private." I explain. 

"Fine then, Channing, lets start with you." Parker comments.

"Alright. I can hold my breath for 2 minutes, I am a great poker player and I wasn't actually born here in the states." I say.

"Easy. There's no way you can play poker." Roman comments.

"You were born in a different country." Archer guesses.

"Gotta go with the poker thing, you're the best swimmer at school." Parker comments.

"You're all wrong. I can play Poker and I was born in Puerto Rico." I say and they all huff, annoyed they got it wrong. The game continues for another hour, before we all make dinner and start doing a bunch of random things. Izzy cuddles with Nash and Tessa starts doing her nails, while the others start launching themselves off the stairs again, so I take the opportunity to step out on the balcony again.

"Anything interesting out here?" I hear a voice ask and when I look, I see Archer. 

"Not really. But sometimes peace is better." I reply and he nods leaning against the Bannister like me. 

"I've got to say, I'm surprised your dad let you come. I'd think this is something he'd be overprotective about." He comments.

"My dad taught me self defence as a kid. And if you couldn't tell from my recent suspension a few weeks ago, it paid off. He was protective a few years ago, but now it's just us two, I think he's realised he can't watch me 24/7 and in another year or so, I'll be off on my own." I respond. 

"Charlotte, that's the name of the girl I've been talking too. Figured since you've helped me out so much with her, you should at least know her name." He explains and I nod.

"Well, I hope it all works out." I smile and he nods.

"What about you? Anyone you like, I can talk to them if you want?" He asks and I laugh.

"Thank you but no. I don't really like the guys at our school, they either have no confidence at all or too much confidence. Besides, everything that's been happening at home recently, I just wanna get out of school and start fresh." I say and he nods. 

"Well, I'm heading back inside. You coming?" He asks.

"Actually, I think I'm going to head up to bed, it's been a long day." I say and he nods.

"Night." He waves.

"Night." I wave back and say goodnight to everyone else, before going up with Buster to bed.

*Hi everyone! I'm here with Chapter 13. So I decided to enter the Watty2017 Awards with this book as you have all been so amazing and supportive! I am really going to try and update as much as possible, especially over the weekend! Thanks for the continued support! ~Mackenzie*