T W E N T Y

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE GROUP RODE back to winterfell with the small pup wrapped in Bran's warm cloak. He was excited to show the pup to Lyli but he had to take the pup to maester Luwin first to make sure the animal is okay. And that is exactly what he did. Osha took the pun in his arms into hers as Hodor picked Bran up from his saddle.
They walked through the castle, making sure that they didn't run into Lyli at any cost and luckily they didnt. Osha raised her hand into a fiat on knocked on the Maester's door. They heard him say to come in and they did. Maester Luwin looked up from his paperworks as Bran was carried inside his office. Hodor placed Bran next to Maester Luwin's table, on a nearby chair.

"What can I do for you?" He asked Bran. Bran looked over to Osha who stepped forth. She handed the small pup into his arms. Maester Luwin stared at the creature with curiosity.

"I want you to look over this wolf pup. See if he is fine and healthy." he demanded. Maester Luwin raised his brow

"Why, if I may ask, should I examine this animal?" he questioned Bran. The boy already had a wolf and one was enough.

"I want to give him it to Lyli" Bran revealed to the maester. The maester gave Bran a credible look.

"Are you sure you want to give her the creature?" Bran easily nodded his head. He was determined to give his betrothed the pup.

"Yes. I can see how lonely she's become and I want to see her smile again, like before" his voice fell. It was true what Bran has said and Measter Luwin knew this. Lylian wasn't the same girl she once was. She wasn't as happy as she was before. He sighed as he gestured to the pup.

"Alright give it here" Bran handed the pup carefully in Maester Luwin's arms. The older man laid the creature on his desk but the pup barley moved. It was still breathing but it was very weak. The maester walked around the desk and before he could leave the room, Bran called out to him.

"Where are you going?" Maester Luwin looked back and smiled at Bran.

"the Kitchen." he told the child as he closed the door behind him. Bran, along with Osha and Hodor waited for the Maester to come back. Five minutes have passed when the old man finally returned. He came in with a small plate of meat and a small bowl of water. He walked back to his desk and placed the dishes infront of the pup. The pup's head perked up at the aroma of the food. It stood up and walked to the plate with the food and began to eat. Maester Luwin sat back onto his chair and observed the creature eat. Pieces of meat stuck onto the sides of the creatures mouth as it continued to eat as if it hasnt eaten in years. Maester looked away from the pup and onto Bran.

"First, this wolf pup is actually a dog." Bran frowned

"A dog?" He asked. Maester Luwin nodded his head

"Yes a dog. These dogs are used by the wildlings to catch their food. It's rare to see them south of the wall" he informed Bran. He wondered how Osha didn't recognize this dog. But then again this dog looks just like a dire wolf during its early years.

"Second, He is actually a girl. And she's very weak and dehydrated. How long has she been out there?" He asked but Bran merely shrugged his shoulders.

"I dont know. I saw her all alone. She had two more other pups with her but they were already dead" he frowned. He'd need to remember to give its siblings a proper farewell onto the afterlife.

"These dogs are very weak during their early years. Their furs aren't thick enough to protect them from the harsh cold that they would need to stay by their mother's side for warmth. I suspect the other dogs must have freezer to death." Bran's frown grew even deeper. Thankfully he found her just in time. Hopefully this dog would survive the winter to come.

Lylian oversaw the distribution of crops to the people that she didn't even realize that she's been accompanied by another figure. Bran just stared at her. She looks like she has aged. Not drastically but enough to notice a difference. Her eyes have shown only tiredness. He missed the glimmer it once had. Hopefully his plan would work and bring light back into Lyli's life.

"Goodmorning" he spoke up. Lyli was startled as she turned around. There stood Hodor and in his arms he held her betrothed.

"Bran, you gave me a fright. But good morning to you too" she smiled at him. She returned to ordering people around until all the people have gotten their fair share of the crops. She was surprised to still see Bran and Hodor there. Both were sitting at a table that overlooked the courtyard. Lyli grabbed onto her dress and made her way towards the table.

"How come you're still here?" She asked.
"Don't you have lessons today?"

"I do but Maester Luwin said I could start after Lunch. Besides I wanted to show you something" Lylian's curiosity grew as he said those words. She gave him a look before smirking.

"Have you finally taught Summer to not relive himself in your bed chambers" she jested. Bran frowned and shook his head. This only caused Lyli to laugh a little harder.

"No and for your information, he is slowly learning. He almost made it to the great hall." Bran pointed out.

"But besides that. I wanted to show you something" Lyli gave him an unknowing look.

"Okay" she replied slowly. Bran usher for Hodor to pick him up. Once Bran was in Hodor arms, he reached out for Lyli's hand. Lylian was shocked at first but slowly her cheeks tinted pink. Holding hands with another of the opposite gender is seen as a gesture of love. But maybe Bran forgot about that.

"Close your eyes" he told her. Lylian looked up at him.

"If I close my eyes, how will I see where I am going?" She asked.

"Just trust me. It's a surprise. Close your eyes" he said once more and this time she followed his orders. She could feel Hodor beginning to walk and Lyli silently followed with her hand tightly gripping into Bran's. She walked carefully as to not trip and fall. She felt Hodor come to a halt so herself came to a stop. She still continued to keep her eyes closed as the rustling of a chain could be heard around her. She frowned trying to figure the sound. It wasn't until She felt Bran's hand return to her that she finally opened her eyes.