E L E V E N

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE TYRELL'S SAT outside on the balcony, overlooking the gardens. Flowers of all kinds spread throughout the grand courtyard. The sky's blue and the sun shining. Not a hint of any darkness surround the vast green of Highgarden.

A black raven stuck out as it flew through the colorful gardens. The raven landed infront of a stewards boy, dropping its package and flying off. The stewards reached for the rolled up parchment and seen the grey direwolf sigil of house Stark stamped on the letter. The steward boy made his way to the rooftop gardens where the Tyrell's are breaking their fast.
The boy handed the parchment to Lord then left. Mace Tyrell looked over the rolled up parchment until his eyes connected to the grey direwolf seal. He quickly opened the letter and read

Dear Lord Tyrell,

I'm afraid that there has been terrible news. Brandon Stark has fallen from a tower causing him to be crippled. Maester Luwin says that he will never be able to walk again. Will the alliance between Stark and Tyrell's continue now that the boy is crippled or do we go back to Highgarden?

-Septa Nysterica

Mace sighed as he handed the letter to his son, Loras.
"What does the letter say father?" Margaery asked.

"The boy, Brandon, has been crippled. Fell out a tower it says." The table rose in hushed whispers amongst the other ladies.

"Crippled? That poor child" Lady Olenna said sincerely shocking not only her family but the guards and servants as well. The queen of Thorns has never shown sympathy towards anyone who isn't her family. Even her own family feels uncomfortable around the lady for her bold statements. The table went back to normal as the family ate.

"What will happen to Lyli now?" Loras chimes in. Mace raised an eyebrow at his son

"What do you mean?" He asked, bring his goblet to his face and taking a drink.

"Well if the boy is crippled, shouldn't we break the alliance with the north. The boy is useless now" the knight of flowers bluntly confessed.

"Is that really a good idea? Lyli has written me letters all about the young Stark boy. She seems to be smitten with the child" Margaery adds. It was true. All the letters from Lyli consisted of her time spent with the young wolf. She often spoke of their adventures all over town. Margaery knew that a strong bond has been built between the two. A bond not easily broken.

"Smitten or not, we have no use for the north now. If Lyli weds Bran then it would bring dishonor to us. I refuse to allow my sister to marry a cripple." Loras spoke harshly.

"Then who will father marry Lyli to?" Margaery fought back.

"Tommen Baratheon"

"You want father to excepting the queen's proposal?"

"I don't see why not. Lylian deserves to marry a prince not a crippled wolf" while Loras thinks he's doing good for his sweet sister, he's taking advantage of the situation. If Lyli was to marry the prince, then Margaery wouldn't have to marry Renly and Renly and him can continue their affairs with one another.

"But we'll need the support of the North." Lady Olenna intervened. She would rather marry Lylian to the cripple, belonging to an honorable house, then marry her into the house of traitors. She was too young and pure to be deceived.

"Yes but if Lyli marries Tommen, our family will have direct connections to the royal family." Loras fought back. Mace watched as his mother and son argued with one another.

"Margaery is to marry Renly Baratheon, the King's brother. We already have connections to the crown" Lady Olenna snapped shutting Loras up.

"What do you say father?" Loras sighed. All attention was brought back to the Lord.

"Until I've come to a decision on whether she'll marry Brandon or Tommen, she'll stay in the North for now"