T H R E E

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I WAS SURPRISED that Septa knew her way around the giant castle. We went through so many different corridors until we entered a familiar one, my room. The two handmaidens began undressing me immediately.

"I've been looking for you everywhere. What were you up to, little flower?" I shrugged my shoulders and I see a scowl come on her face as pointed at my shoulders and shook her head. I sighed before answering.

"I was playing with Arya Stark" I answered truthfully. My dress was on and ready so next was my hair. The Septa sat me down on the chair as she began working on my hair.

"Then Bran Stark came" with his name being said, her hair shot up and a look of slight. Bewilderment was etched onto her have before disappearing soon after. She sent me a small smile as she pulled my hair into braids.

"What were you all doing?" She asked looking up into the mirror every few seconds. "Shooting arrows" I answered. The same scowl made its way onto her face again. "Little flower, a lady should not be shooting arrows. You even promised your grandmother" she scolded me. She tied my braid with a red ribbon and placed a small flower pin in my hair. I turn around to face her and smirked.
"Septa, when have I ever been the one to follow rules" I gave her a knowing look. It was true. Unlike Margaery, I always break the rules and change it into my own liking. And that sometimes leads me into trouble.
She shook her head and made me stand from my chair. She smoothed out my dress with a small smile on her face. She stood up straight and looked down on my tiny frame.
"Now Lily, Bran will be here any minute now-" I didn't let her finish as I cut her off. "Bran? Why is he coming here?" I asked confused. She gave me a look as if I should've known why. "Well he's escorting you to the great hall, after all" I nodded slowly. I forgot about that. I heard a knock on my door as my Septa went over and opened it. She bowed slightly before moving aside to let the young Stark boy inside. "Hello Bran" I smiled brightly. He returned it back.
"Hello Lily, you look pretty" I feel my cheeks heat up. No one really complements me in Highgarden. It's always my elder sister that gets the attention. But it feels nice that I got noticed today. "Thank you. You look very handsome as well" it was his turn and his cheeks turned a slight shade of pink. I wasn't sure if it was him blushing or the cold weather of the north, but I decided to let it go. Bran held out his arm and I wrapped mine with his. We walked down the dimly lit corridors in complete silence before I opened my mouth.
"So what do you do here for fun?" I look up to him. He was slightly taller than me but not enough that he passes my head. Maybe 3 inches taller. "I train with my brothers and climb. That's about it" he smiled shyly. I laughed softly and I looked ahead. "Sounds like a lot of fun" I can see him from the side as he frowned with a slight smile on his face.
"Like you have a better agenda?" He challenged me. "Oh yes. Waking up bright and early, having people pull and tug on my hair, sitting in a chair sewing all day with the Septa, and talking about my future. It's loads of fun" I giggled. I look over to him to see him starring at me in confusion. "Future?" He asked. I nodded.

"Like who I would be married to when I'm of age" I explained to the young Lord. He furrowed his eyes as he looked from his shoes then back up to look at me

"But you're only 10" I nodded slowly.

"Yes and?" I raised my brows. He didn't reply so I continued on. "I heard rumors that I would be married off to Prince Tommen Baratheon then I also heard that I'd be married to Trystane Martell of Dorne." He nodded as I could see the wheels spinning in his head from the information I told him. We were quiet for a short time before he spoke up once again.

"Who would you choose?" He asked. I simply shook my head. "Neither. I just want to live life. I don't want to be a property. I don't want to just sit around and give my husband heirs. I want to travel, go all over. Learn new cultures." The smile on my face vanished and was replaced by a fake smile. "Sadly I'm a lady and it's my duty to obey my husband, wether I like it or not" I sighed.

"Well when i marry a lady and she wanted to be free, I'd let her. She's not some property to be owned. She's a being and she'll get to make whatever decision she wants. I'll just support her" he said proudly. I smiled.

"You'll be a good partner Brandon Stark" we both giggled as we rounded a corner. There stood both our families, the Tyrell's and Stark's. Lady Catelyn looked up and her eyes laid on us. She rushed over to us and knelt down slightly. "You two look are late" she announced to us. She looked between Bran and I but mostly Bran.
"Sorry mother" she hummed in response. She stood back up and straightened her hair. "You both look lovely now get in line." She ushered us to the back of the line. Ahead of us, closest to the door, stood Lord Stark and my grandmother. Behind them was Lady Catelyn and my father. Behind them was Robb Stark with Margaery then Loras and Sansa. And finally it was Bran and I. I look around for Arya as I see she's no where to be seen"
"Arya is inside" I hear him mutter next to me. I nodded as the doors to the great hall opened and smiled as bright as I can.