E I G H T E E N

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A BLACK RAVEN flew through the cold winter. A small parchment attached to its leg. Maester Luwin greeted the bird on its arrival. The proud sigil of house Tyrell sealed the small letter. He grabbed the letter as he gave the bird a piece of bread and bid it farewell.

Lylian has just finished breaking her fast with Bran and Rickon. She was headed to the libraries for her studies when she heard her name being called. She turns around to be met with the old man. He smiled upon seeing her small stature.

"A letter for you, my lady" he greeted as he handed Lylian the small parchment. She took the parchment eagerly from his hands as she notice the distinct seal of her house.

"Thank you Maester" she nodded before walking away to the libraries. She sat on a chair near the fireplace and ripped open the seal of the letter.

My sweet Sister,
I have missed so terribly. It has been far too long since we have last seen each other. I only wished that you were there for my wedding. I am now a married woman, the wife to King Renly Baratheon making me the queen. but I'm afraid that the times have become very dangerous. The war is nearing but I am confident that my husband will succeed in taking the throne.
I wish that you can visit me but the roads are far to dangerous, especially now. You must stay in Winterfell and do your duties as the lady of winterfell.
When the war is over, you must visit me in King's Landing

Your beloved Sister,
Margaery

♕♕♕

A long queue of people stand, waiting to
speak with Bran, the current lord. Many came forth with different issues but a large majority was requesting all the same  thing.

"The walls of my Holdfast will not stand the winter. The stones were last mortared in the time of King Aerys, and I'm afraid the masons today are not fit to carry their fathers' hammers. When I was a boy, I remember seeing them put up a new tower at Torrhen's Square in a summer. Men worked back then. Today, my Holdfast looks like it was built by drunk children. At night you can hear the wind howling through the gaps. And the Gods forbid it rains. Why, I might as well sleep beneath a waterfall." The man finished. Lylian leaned forward with her hands crossed one another

"Maintenance of a Holdfast generally falls to the lord of that Holdfast." She informed the man.

"Generally, yes, but I've sent all the young men off to fight Robb Stark's war." The elder man spoke. Bran peeked his head up at the mention of his brothers name

"King Robb. And it's not his war. He didn't choose it." He corrected the man. Lylian could feel see the tension building as the two spoke with one another.

"Maybe not, My Lord, but he called in his Banners, and took the men."

"Joffrey killed my father, your liege lord. Do you remember your vows, Ser?" Bran frowned. Lylian sent him a disapproving look only for it to go unnoticed as Bran continues to stare at the elder before him. The man took this as an offfence

"Of course I remember!" He raised his voice. Lylian knew that the man was beginning to grow angry with Bran.

"We can spare four masons for a week, My Lord. Will that be sufficient to repair your walls?" Lylian offered the man.

"I believe it will" he nodded as Lylian dismissed him. The man walks away. After a moment, Lylian turns to Bran.

"We didn't want him here all day, did we?" Maester Luwin spoke up for Lylian.

"I didn't like the way he was talking about Robb." Bran frowned.

"Nor did I. But listening to people you'd rather not listen to is one of your responsibilities as Lord of Winterfell." Luring informed Bran. Bran sighed as he leaned back into his chair.

"Lord Portan" Bran gestured to the man. The lord walks forward with his head bowed.

"My Lord, may the Old Gods watch over your brother and all our northern sons."

♕♕♕

Hodor walks through the godswood with Bran on his back, closely following Osha and Lylian. Osha walks over to a small plant and drop onto her knee's next to it.

"Boil this for an hour and drink the tea. Makes all your pain go away" she spoke to Bran. Osha tears some leaves  off the plant and stuff it inside her pockets.

"Don't have any pain." Bran spoke being stubborn as always. OSHA rolled her eyes

"Lucky for you" OSHA commented sarcastically.

"That way" he pointed and Hodor changes direction. Osha turns and begins following them.

"You've been having those dreams again." Lyli asked

"I don't dream" Bran replied, his voice dull.

"Everyone dreams" Lylian informed him but Bran was having none of it

"I don't. Heard some of the men talking about the comet" Bran looks up at the comet
"They say it's an omen. They say it means Robb will win a great victory in the South"

"Did they?" Hodor begins to kneel next to the pool in the godswood. Osha begins unstrapping Bran from Hodor's back

"I heard some other fools say it's Lannister Red. Means the Lannisters will rule all Seven Kingdoms before long. I heard a stable boy say it's the color of blood, to mark the death of your father." Osha places Bran on the ground. He begins crawling towards the edge of the pool, Lylian close behind him.

"The stars don't fall for men. The red comet means one thing, boy. Dragons" Osha claimed. Bran looks at his reflection in the pool.

"The dragons are all dead. They've been dead for centuries"