The Time Of The Angels Pt. 5

"But there was only one Angel on the ship. Just the one, I swear" River says.

"Could they have been here already?" Amy asks.

"The Aplans. What happened? How did they die out?" the Doctor asks.

"Nobody knows" River says.

"We know" {Y/N} says.

"They don't look like Angels."

"And they're not fast. You said they were fast. They should have had us by now" Amy says.

"Look at them. They're dying, losing their form. They must have been down here for centuries, starving" the Doctor says.

"Losing their image?" Amy asks.

"And their image is their power. Power. Power!" {Y/N} shouts.

"{Y/N}? Doctor?" Amy asks.

"Don't you see? All that radiation spilling out the drive burn. The crash of the Byzantium wasn't an accident, it was a rescue mission for the Angels. We're in the middle of an army, and it's waking up" {Y/N} says.

"We need to get out of here fast" River says.

"Bob, Angelo, Christian, come in, please. Any of you, come in."

"It's Bob, sir. Sorry, sir."

"Bob, are Angelo and Christian with you? All the statues are active. I repeat, all the statues are active."

"I know, sir. Angelo and Christian are dead, sir. The statues killed them, sir" the Doctor grabs Octavian's walkie-talkie.

"Bob, Sacred Bob, it's me, the Doctor."

"I'm talking to..."

"Where are you now?" the Doctor asks.

"I'm talking to my..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up."

"I'm on my way up to you, sir. I'm homing in on your signal."

"Ah, well done, Bob. Scared keeps you fast. Told you, didn't I. Your friends, Bob. What did the Angel do to them?"

"Snapped their necks, sir."

"That's odd. That's not how the Angels kill you. They displace you in time. Unless they needed the bodies for something" {Y/N} mutters.

"Bob, did you check their data packs for vital signs? We may be able to initiate a rescue plan."

"Oh, don't be an idiot. The Angels don't leave you alive. Bob, keep running. But tell me, how did you escape?" the Doctor asks,

"I didn't escape, sir. The Angel killed me, too."

"What do you mean, the Angel killed you?"

"Snapped my neck, sir. Wasn't as painless as I expected, but it was pretty quick, so that was something."

"If you're dead, how can I be talking to you?"

"You're not talking to me, sir. The Angel has no voice. It stripped my cerebral cortex from my body and re-animated a version of my consciousness to communicate with you. Sorry about the confusion."

"So, when you say you're on your way up to us..."

"It's the Angel that's coming, sir, yes. No way out."

"Then we get out through the wreckage. Go! Go, go, go. All of you run."

"Doctor. {Y/N}" Amy says.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're coming. Just go. Go, go, go. Yeah" {Y/N} says.