Chapter 37: Outsiders

"Jyn, look!" Cassian calls out to Jyn as he points towards the front window of the pod.

Waking from her 2-hour nap, still naked, she squints her eyes in roder to focus on whatever it is Cassian sighted from his view. When things became crystal clear in her sight, she sees from a long distance away a tan-colored planet, which appears to be a desert planet. Her eyes widen with slight excitement before Jyn faces Cassian. "I wonder what planet this is."

Cassian stares into space for a moment before replying to her. "It's....." He says, but he struggles to remember, which makes Jyn tilt her head at him, waiting for an answer. "....Agh, I don't remember."

"Have you been there?" Jyn asks.

Cassian shakes his head. "I don't think so. The more important question is, is this planet dangerous?"

Jyn shrugs and looks at the tan desert planet again. "I guess we're about to find out."

As the escape pod gradually drifts closer towards the tan planet, Rogue One begins to notice something coming into view, and there appears to be a security checkpoint with guards near it. The checkpoint was checking any passing aircraft that wanted to land on the desert plan if it is a legit vehicle or an unauthorized, stolen vehicle. And a stolen vehicle was exactly what Jyn & Cassian were in.

"Security checkpoint." Cassian mutters annoyingly while pressing random buttons on the control panel, which were totally useless. "They'll arrest us and confiscate this escape pod when they see it's stolen."

Though, Jyn thought for a moment, looking up at the ceiling to think.

Cassian turns in his seat to look at Jyn, who is still naked with all her cuts & bruises exposed. "Put your clothes on." He tells her, and as Jyn proceeds to put her clothes back on, Cassian returns his view to the window. He sees that the pod is now closing in the security checkpoint, and it would be any minute now before something happens. "Looks like this planet has a militia of its own. The Empire might have abandoned all security on this planet recently." He informs Jyn, noting that the guards at the checkpoint were wearing stuff other than white armor. "Damn. What are we going to do?" He says.

With her clothes back on, Jyn places one hand on her hip, and she looks up at the ceiling for a moment. She thinks hard. Eventually, a grand idea came to her mind, and she pulls something out of the inside of her brown vest. It is a small, rectangular-shaped device that has a tiny screen on it with a bunch of coded characters scrolling down the screen. Jyn approaches Cassian with the device.

"We can use this." Jyn says while holding up the device, and Cassian looks at the device with curiousity.

"What is that!?" Cassian says with a frown and a tilted head.

"It's a code replicator." Jyn answers Cassian. "I can hook it up to this pod's mainframe and forge the clearance codes & scandocs in this ship's system. The faked codes can bypass the security checkpoint."

Hearing her explain the use of the code replicator device, Cassian stares at Jyn with a serious blank face. "Wait....forging codes?" He looks off to the side for a brief moment. Then he suddenly realizes something. So he looks back at Jyn. "Forging Imperial documents. Isn't that one of the crimes you got arrested for, Jyn!?" Cassian exclaims, remembering that Jyn's record listed 4 crimes that she was guilty of: forgery of Imperial documents, aggravated assault against Imperials, resisting arrest from both the Imperials & the Rebellion, and possession of an unsanctioned weapon.

Jyn hesitates. She knows it's true. "Umm....yes, Captain." She replies before proceeding to hook up her code replicator to the pod's mainframe.

However, Cassian shrugs his shoulders, and he finds his lips forming a slight smirk. He realizes how big of a help Jyn's code forgery skills were. ".....Now why would they arrest you for forgery of documents?"