Chapter 29: Reckless, Aggressive, & Undisciplined

1 month later

It is another month later.

And it is Jyn's birthday: Jyn is now 22 years old. The young woman wasn't fond of huge parties, given her rough past with Saw Gerrera and being a Lonestar throughout her teen hood. However, she is happy to get to spend her special day with Cassian, in Echo Base, of course.

Jyn has her arms wrapped around Cassian's firm, muscular, warm torso as he has an arm draped over her shoulder, and they walk together down the hallway, with K-2SO following them from behind. Cassian holds a small glass of wine in his hand as he accompanies the birthday woman down the hall, with Rebels walking past them & greeting Jyn happy birthday, to which she nods & happily accepts with slight smiles back at them.

"Well, aren't you woman of the hour now, yeah?" Cassian says before taking a sip from the glass of wine he got at the command room of Echo Base, where the Rebellion leaders also greeted Jyn her special day.

Jyn chuckles softly as they turn a corner to walk towards the main hangar. "It's not something I'm familiar with."

Cassian shrugs his shoulders. "But you were when you gave the galaxy a new hope. You can't say you're not familiar with that, right?" He looks at her.

Jyn sighs in annoyance and rolls her eyes at him. "You know my history, Cassian."

"Okay." Cassian immediately responds, realizing that Jyn isn't used to big attention due to her solitary teen hood for lone survival.

As they reach the main hangar where infantries were patrolling & maintenance crew members were chatting with each other, they stop to see Han approach them. "Well, look who it is! Birthday girl." Han greets Jyn in his own unique style by winking at her & patting her back hard, causing her to react with each pat. "I wish we could celebrate with fireworks, but that won't be happening here, obviously, as you can see." The smuggler says, looking around the hanger to reinforce his words, and it makes Jyn look around as well. She can see Chewbacca loading some equipment into their Millennium Falcon from the other end of the hangar.

"....Wasn't my forte anyways." Jyn says grimly.

"Well...I wish I could think of a better gift for you. It's all I have." Han says, pulling out a gold steel bracelet from his pocket. Its shiny luster caught Jyn's eye, and she wanted it on her wrist already. Han places it on Jyn's hand as she holds her hand out, accepting his little birthday present.

"Thank you, Han." Jyn says as she slips the bracelet onto her wrist, where it partly hides underneath her brown fingerless leather glove.

With that, Han places a hand on Jyn's shoulder, catching both Jyn & Cassian's attention. "There's many more things that I can be thanked for. It's just no one's ever seen them yet." Han declares with a dirty wink. Jyn & Cassian give each other confused looks, and they both try to hold in chuckles. "Well, I need a nap. The old Wookie is driving me nuts!" Han says as he looks back at Chewbacca.

Cassian shakes his head. "When are you leaving?"

Han turns his attention back to the two Rebels in front of him. "After my ship is fixed and ready to fly. That is, if Chewbacca could actually help with the repairs." Han stresses the last few words in frustration, though he sighs and waves at them. "Enjoy your day off." Han says as he walks off.

Jyn nods before turning her attention back to Cassian. "What a scoundrel." She comments about Han, repeating the name that Leia called Han when she felt dismayed about his decision to leave the Rebellion.