Chapter 9: Homecoming

Author's Note: (I would like to thank you for supporting my RebelCaptain fanfiction story. I was inspired to write this story because the ending scene of Jyn and Cassian in Rogue One broke my heart so much more than any movie I've seen. They weren't going to include an alternate ending option in the final disc release. AND...a lot of Star Wars fans out there really do not disapprove of their unique relationship and instead criticize them saying stuff like "It's not a romance. It wasn't necessary. I'm glad they died." You know, it really, really hurts me to see that negative criticism towards such inspiring characters that I had a 2-hour emotional bond & connection with. As a result, just like other RebelCaptain story writers out there, I created this story, Rogue One: Resurrection, as a haven for those RebelCaptain shippers alike who love these characters and are not ashamed to fantasize about them. I am planning to keep this story in progress for as long as I can, meaning lots and lots and lots of chapters. This RebelCaptain fantasy is my life fanfiction story. It may even be years before I declare this story as complete. Again, I would like to thank you for following this story along, and I hope more readers favorite & follow along as time goes by. My goal at the least is 100 total votes. I created Rogue One: Resurrection because RebelCaptain is what I love doing, and Jyn & Cassian deserve a second chance; they are the power house of Rogue One. They are the new power couple of Star Wars. It's my secret little passion. Thank you very much. Enjoy the chapter.)

Chapter 9: Homecoming

It was the next morning, and the two Rebels were already up from their sleep, preparing for the jump to hyperspace. There was lots of packing and lots of loading. Fortunately, Galen's 2-seater speeder had enough storage space and had a mountable hard top roof for traversing more comfortably at greater speeds, and it made the speeder capable at commuting in space. Jyn placed her bags in the storage compartment and looked over at Cassian, who was rolling up some of Galen's clothes to store in his bags.

"You sure your father's speeder can get us there? It doesn't look like the travelling type." Cassian asks her curiously, making a frown because he is unsure about it.

"Yeah. It has its own hyperdrive, so we'll be able to make it to Yavin 4." Jyn answers him, while reaching her holster to take her A180 blaster pistol out and hold it up. She examines her A180 pistol by holding it with both hands and stroking the barrel with her left fingers. "So, what's the game plan?" She asks.

Cassian finishes packing his cargo and loads them into the storage compartment before turning to Jyn with a quick raise of a brow. "Yes...about that....we'll have to be incognito."

Jyn squints at him, unsure of it. "Meaning?"

Cassian decides to lean towards her and speak in a softer voice. "We need to stay off the grid for a little while. At least during our time there today. I don't want anyone to recognize us today. We just died. Imagine how they'd react to our sudden appearance."

Though, Cassian explained it, Jyn was still unsure. After a small pause, she agrees. "Okay then."

"You have to trust me on this, Jyn. I need to survey the base, see what the holdup from the Death Star's destruction is." Cassian informs her, placing a hand on her arm.

Jyn nods. "Of course I trust you, Cassian. You know I do."

Cassian smiles as he looks down at Jyn's A180 pistol, and looks back up at her green eyes. He loves his Sergeant so much, whether she was dangerous or not. Most of the time, she was dangerous. And Cassian thought of it as his perfect Jyn. Cassian then hops into the passenger seat because Jyn told him earlier that she would drive since he didn't know there was a hyperdrive in Galen's speeder.

Holstering her A180 blaster pistol, Jyn turns around to take one good look at the Erso house. She made sure every entrance into it was locked, and she was very sure that they didn't forget anything, until the SE-2 farming droid approached her. Jyn bends down and places a hand on it.