The Time Of The Angels Pt. 4

"Last one positive."

"Doctor? We're through."

"Okay, now it starts."

"Coming?" River asks looking at Amy.

"Yeah, coming. There's just something in my eye" everyone climbs down a rope ladder into a very large underground space.

"Do we have a gravity globe?} {Y/N} asks.

"Grav globe" a Cleric hands a globe to {Y/N}.

"Where are we? What is this?" Amy asks.

"It's an Aplan Mortarium, sometimes called a Maze of the Dead" River replies.

"What's that?"

"Well, if you happen to be a creature of living stone..." {Y/N} kicks the globe into the air, where it illuminates a vast array of mausoleums and statuary, she chuckles as they all look around "the perfect hiding place."

"I guess this makes it a bit trickier."

"A bit, yeah," the Doctor says.

"A stone Angel on the loose amongst stone statues. A lot harder than I'd prayed for."

"A needle in a haystack" River says

"A needle that looks like hay. A hay-like needle of death. A hay-like needle of death in a haystack of, er, statues. No, yours was fine" {Y/N} mutters, River smiles patting her shoulder.

"Right. Check every single statue in this chamber. You know what you're looking for. Complete visual inspection. One question. How do we fight it?"

"We find it, and hope," the Doctor says as him, {Y/N} and Amy walk off, Octavian stops River.

"She doesn't know yet, does she? Who and what you are."

"It's too early in her time stream."

"Well, make sure he doesn't work it out, or he's not going to let her help us."

"I won't let you down. Believe you me, I have no intention of going back to prison."

"Sir? Side chamber. One visible exit."

"Check it out. Angelo, go with him" the Doctor, {Y/N} and Amy start up the terraces. Amy pauses to rub her eye.

"You, all right?" River asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. So, what's a Maze of the Dead?"

"Oh, it's not as bad as it sounds. It's just a labyrinth with dead people buried in the walls. Ok, that was fairly bad. Right, give me your arm. This won't hurt a bit" River says taking Amy's arm and injects the needle into it.

"Ow!"

"There, you see. I lied. It's a viro-stabiliser. Stabilises your metabolism against radiation, drive burn, anything. You're going to need it when we get up to that ship."

"So, what are they like? In the future, I mean. Because you know them in the future, don't you?"

"The Doctor? Well, the Doctor's the Doctor, and {Y/N} well... she's sweet, amazing I could go on forever about her."

"Oh. Well, that's very helpful. Mind if I write that down?" River points her flashlight towards the Doctor and {Y/N} who weren't paying attention.

"Yes, we are."

"Sorry, what?" the Doctor asks.

"Talking about you two."

"We weren't listening. We're busy."

"Ah. The other way up" the Doctor turns River's portable computer around.