Alex Dupre [4]

*Recap: Alex just revealed to you that she was in love with you

*Recap: Alex just revealed to you that she was in love with you.* (This is a part 2 to the last Alex [3] imagine.)
Alex after confessing that she loves you.

*****

You stood there for a minute in silence not sure how to respond. Alex had been your best friend for about a year now. She had listened to countless failed date stories, while you listened to her pine over Julian for months. There was a point during that time where you felt a shift. You weren't sure if it was just you being angry that she was going after someone that already had a girlfriend, or if it was because she was going after someone in the first place. When you started to move towards the second option, it scared you. So you doubled up on the dates, and tried to use up more of your time with strangers then with Alex. But now as you are standing there, staring back at your beautiful best friend, her words on repeat in your mind, you felt that shift again. And finally, you knew what it was.

"It's okay you don't have to love me," Alex sighed. "No one does. I just need to come to the conclusion that no one will ever want me the way I want them, especially you." Alex wiped away a few of the tears that were falling down her face, and turned away from you. You took another minute to try and figure out what to say to her, your best friend, the girl you had found yourself falling in love with as the days passed by.
"Alex, I-I don't really know how I feel. I know that I do love you, and I think I've known for a while that I love you as more than a friend. But I was too scared to tell you because you were so hooked on Julian, that I was scared it would just ruin our friendship. I love you and I want you to be in my life forever, no matter what this all turns into." Alex turned around smiling before bringing you in for a big hug. "You don't understand how much I needed to hear that."

*****
AHHH thank you so much for over 10K on my One Tree Hill gif series. It's absolutely crazy to me that it has done that well. So thank you to anyone and everyone that has voted, commented, read or even glanced at my book!! More stuff will be coming soon I promise!