The Time Of The Angels Pt. 1

The two Time Lords and Amy are walking around a museum, with the Doctor commenting on the labelling of the various exhibits, {Y/N} nods not really listing as Amy furrows her eyebrows.

"Wrong. Wrong. Bit right, mostly wrong. I love museums" the Doctor says looking down at {Y/N} who nods.

"Yeah, great. Can we go to a planet now? Big space ship? Churchill's bunker? You promised me a planet next" Amy says butting in.

"Amy, this isn't any old asteroid. It's the Delerium Archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. The biggest museum ever!" the Doctor says grinning.

"You've got a time machine. What do you need museums for?" {Y/N} spots a square box in a case.

"Wrong. Very wrong. Ooo, one of mine. Also, one of mine" the Doctor says.

"Oh, I see. It's how you keep score" Amy says noticing {Y/N} walking over to the box "oh great, an old box."

"It's from one of the old starliners. A Home Box" {Y/N} says bending down to get a better look at the box.

"What's a Home Box?"

"Like a black box on a plane, except it homes. Anything happens to the ship, the Home Box flies home with all the flight data" {Y/N} explains.

"So?"

"The writing, the graffiti. Old High Gallifreyan. The lost language of the Time Lords. There were days, there were many days, these words could burn stars and raise up empires, and topple gods" {Y/N} says reading the words.

"What does it say?"

"Hello, sweetie" {Y/N} says placing her hands on her hips and looking up at the Doctor. An alarm is sounding and guards start chasing the Doctor, {Y/N} and Amy back to the TARDIS.

"Why are we doing this?" Amy asks as they all stand in the TARDIS.

"Because someone on a spaceship twelve thousand years ago is trying to attract mine and {Y/N}'s attention. Let's see if we can get the security playback working" the Doctor has stolen the Home Box and him and {Y/N} fiddle around with it. The playback shows River winking at the camera.

"The party's over, Doctor Song. Yet still you're on board."

"Sorry, Alistair" River says "I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach its destination."

"Wait till she runs. Don't make it look like an execution" Alistair says.

"Triple seven five slash three four nine by ten. Zero twelve slash acorn. Oh, and I could do with an air corridor" {Y/N} inputs the coordinates.

"What was that? What did she say?" Amy asks looking over {Y/N}'s shoulder.

"Coordinates" {Y/N} says

"Like I said on the dance floor, you might want to find something to hang on to" River smiles, she is standing in front of an airlock. She blows a kiss and it opens. Alistair and his guards hang onto rails as River is sucked out, backwards. The TARDIS materialises in her flight path, {Y/N} runs towards the doors of the TARDIS.

"Whoo!" the Doctor shouts, {Y/N} opens the door, holds out her hand and River Song comes sailing in. She lands on top of her, {Y/N} blows some hair out of her face.

"Hello sweetie" Rive says looking down at {Y/N}.

"Doctor?" Amy says.

"River?" the Doctor asks.

"Follow that ship" River says standing helping {Y/N} to her feet, they follow the ship "they've gone into warp drive. We're losing them. Stay close."

"We're trying" the Doctor mutters.

"Use the stabilisers" River says.

"There aren't any stabilisers" {Y/N} says.

"The blue switches, love" River says pointing.

"Oh, the blue ones don't do anything, they're just blue" {Y/N} says.

"Yes, they're blue. Look, they're the blue stabilisers" River says as she presses them and the TARDIS stops shaking "see?"

"Yeah. Well, it's just boring now, isn't it? They're boring-ers. They're blue boring-ers" the Doctor says pouting.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, how come she can fly the TARDIS?" Amy asks.

"You call that flying the TARDIS? Ha!" the Doctor says shaking his head.

"Ok. I've mapped the probability vectors, done a fold-back on the temporal isometry, charted the ship to its destination, and parked us right alongside" River says.

"Parked us? We haven't landed" the Doctor says crossing his arms.

"Of course, we've landed. I just landed her" River says.

"But, it didn't make the noise" the Doctor frowns.

"What noise?" River asks.

"You know, the wheezing" {Y/N} rolls her eyes.

"It's not supposed to make that noise. You leave the brakes on" {Y/N} mutters, River chuckles and the Doctor again crosses his arms.

"Yeah, well, it's a brilliant noise. I love that noise. Come along, Pond, {Y/N}. Let's have a look" the Doctor says.

"No, wait. Environment checks" River says.

"Oh yes, sorry. Quite right. Environment checks" he opens the TARDIS door and looks out "nice out."

"We're somewhere in the Garn Belt. There's an atmosphere. Early indications suggest that..." River starts but is cut off by {Y/N}.

"We're on Alfava Metraxis, the seventh planet of the Dundra System. Oxygen rich atmosphere, all toxins in the soft band, eleven-hour day and chances of rain later" {Y/N} says.

"She thinks she's so hot when she does that" River says.

"How come you can fly the TARDIS?" Amy asks.

"Oh, I had lessons from the very best."

"Well, yeah" the Doctor says smiling.

"It's a shame you were busy that day, and luckily {Y/N} wasn't. Right then, why did they land here?" {Y/N} snickers at the Doctor's facial expression, she walks over pecking him on the lips.

"Don't be so jealous, it's not a good look for you my love" she says, before turning around again "they didn't land."

"Sorry?" River asks looking at {Y/N}.

"You should've checked the Home Box. It crashed" the Doctor says, River leaves.

"Explain Who is that and how did she do that museum thing?" Amy asks.

"It's a long story and we don't know most of it. Off we go" the Doctor says.

"What are you doing?" Amy asks.

"Leaving. She's got where she wants to go, let's go where we want to go."

"Are you basically running away?"

"Yep" {Y/N} says popping the 'p'.

"Why?"

"Because she's the future. Mine and {Y/N}'s future."

"Can you run away from that?"

"We can run away from anything we like. Time is not the boss of us."

"Hang on, is that a planet out there?"

"Yes, of course it's a planet."

"You promised me a planet. Five minutes?"

"Ok, five minutes."

"Yes!" Amy throws her hands into the air.

"But that's all, because I'm telling you now, that woman is not dragging me and {Y/N} into anything."

---

~Bread 🍞