Chapter 22: Possible Recovering

Start from the beginning

"You have recovered drastically. I'm quite surprised as a matter of fact. It's only been a couple of days and yet you look perfectly fine. Your well deserved rest played a huge role in how you got better. That and your wolf. Your wolf also played a gigantic role in it. Apparently, your wolf had kicked your health up by depleting his own while you were sleeping. I don't know this for sure because I can't read your mind- I'm only making a well created guess. Ask him if you wish." She just stands tall, a victorious smile on her lips as she seems very proud of her findings.

Is this right? You increased my health for me by making yourself weak? I ask Jackson, creating a link between the two of us. What's his motive for doing this for me?

Yes. I want the pack to be strong. We can't do that without our Luna. And I don't want mate to feel sad when she looks at us. Plus, it's to say thank you for protecting our mate when your dad's wolf tried to attack her. It's the least of what I could do. I can feel him smile through the mind link, creating one on my own.

I forever and always will protect her- until my last breath. I say it like it's the most obvious thing in the world, making Jackson let out a wolfish laugh.

I know. Is all he says before shutting down the link.

I look up at the doctor and nod my head, making her smile grow and fist bump the air. I just roll my eyes and sit down on the edge of the bed, motioning for her to continue. I am so exhilarated that my wolf did that for me. Now I can actually go out and train the warriors and not be cooped up in my room. I thank the Moon Goddess for pairing me up with Jackson. He truly is a selfless soul. 

The doctor clears her throat. "Anyway... If you have any problems, don't be afraid to come to the infirmary and say so. Though I know that most likely, you won't have to. It seems like your wolf already took care of that. Other than that, I say you are free to do whatever." Her face lightens up before realization kicks in. "Just... I recommend you refrain from jumping off buildings and such until you heal further. While your wolf did help, there are still some issues with any major activities. I shall take my leave." With that, she leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

I shrug and sit in front of Cleo on the bed, eating the rest of the sandwiches. The whole time, Cleo gazes at me. As I finish my food, I put the plate aside on the bed and look at her questioningly. She looks away shyly then looks deep into my eyes, as if searching for something.

"Can I talk to your wolf?" I look at her confused, making her blush for some unknown reason. "I-I wanted to thank him properly. For saving you. For saving me." That was all she had to say before my wolf, Jackson, kicks down the barrier between his and mine control over my body, forcing me to scamper into the back of my mind until we switch positions.

"The name's Jackson, little mate." That causes her to blush, making Jackson grab her chin into his direction, kissing her chin, followed by pleasurable sparks. "So, little mate, you wish to be marked?" She quickly nods, a giant smile on her face. "I think we can arrange that, can't we, Mason?" That causes me to grumble at him, making him only grin. "I don't know why he is fighting the bond but I most certainly am not. Maybe I should make the decision for him?"

I growl in the back of our mind, telling him no. Cleo doesn't know what she's getting herself into. Jackson leaves kisses from the top of her head to her chin, soon moving down to her neck, licking the spot where he would soon mark her. I growl aggressively through the bond, daring him to do so even though I know he wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Don't you dare. I thunder, causing him to flinch. He grumbles, knowing he can't win against me. Meanwhile, I smile victoriously.

Fine, I won't. But Mason, you owe me a deal. I can feel his smirk plastered in my brain, making me cringe at what he could be thinking.

What are you proposing? I ask suspiciously, my voice more shaky than I intended it to be.

I'm giving you two weeks to mark her. If not, then I'll step in and do something about it. Be smart, Mason, I've waited long enough. To be fair, you're lucky I didn't mark her the day we met her. That's what us wolves are meant to do when we meet our mate. If you think you have a choice, you don't. I can feel the connection between me and her wolf. We're close yet so far. I have a feeling that if we mark her, her wolf will appear. Haven't you thought about why her wolf hasn't came back yet? It's because she's waiting to be claimed by her rightful mate. That's why you have no choice. You wait too long, and her wolf will completely disappear. And you better hurry. I can feel the bond breaking. Jackson whimpers, scared of never meeting her.

I had no idea her wolf was disappearing...So if I accept this deal, you won't pressure me or yell at me to hurry? You won't take control at random times and try to do stuff to our mate? Jackson scoffs at me, the idea of that repulsing him. Regardless, he replies.

I would never hurt her. Never. Don't you forget that. So is it a deal? I nod through the link, sighing. He smiles, ending the link.

"Change of plans, darling. You're very much welcome for saving you both. Though, keep in mind..." Jackson grabs her chin, bringing our face centimeters from her face, our breath fanning her face. "I saved Mason for my own selfish reasons. He dies, I die. I just met you, love, I'm not done annoying you quite yet. Like it or not, I'm here to stay and Mason and I aren't going anywhere." He closes the small gap between us, smashing his lips to hers, having an intense make out before he pulls away before it got too heated. Jackson and Cleo pant, love in both their eyes. "Stay strong for Mason. Okay, love?" She nods, slightly leaning in for a second round.

Thankfully, he pulls away again until they get too close. Hurt is evident in her eyes at her obvious rejection. Jackson's eyes soften, making him go on an immediate guilt trip before leaning in and kissing her soft lips slowly and shortly.

"Until next time, sweetheart." With that, he gives me complete control, placing me in a very unusual position in front of Cleo. I can smell her hormones in the air, making me gulp until I get up and look away, biting my bottom lip. I can still feel electricity buzzing on my lips from Jackson's and Cleo's kiss.

I never believed it before, but mates are exactly like what I was told when I was younger.

Maybe even more so.