Hidden Protection

Hours. That's how long I spend trying to drain information out of the flashdrive. Nothing is of any use. No, wait. An address. I type the address into my phone and grab the keys from Dad's room. I head down to the cargo bay before writing a note to Ward and slip it under his door.

I know I will probably get in trouble for this but I jump into Lola (Dad's red Corvette) and follow the directions to the address. It's the same house from the pictures that Ward showed me earlier. Untouched since 2001. The paint has faded and the lawn has grown out of control. The windows shattered, the front door blown off its hinges. 

I walk down the path and slip through the door way. It's incredibly dusty though. In the front room, there is a stone cold ireplace and- BAM! Its a flash back. The fire place is glowing and flickering. Infront of the fire are two children. A two year old me and a boy. About five years old maybe.And it's gone.

This was my house! I use to live here. I search the rest of the house to see if it will trigger any other memories. I find a bedroom. A boy's. And sure enough another flashback. Me and a boy, he must be my brother, hidden under the covers of the bed during a thunder storm. And its gone again.

I manage to be standing in another room. A girls room. Mine. I close my eyes. And its all there. I'm crying. I'm sick. My parents are arguing. Suddenly I scream, emmiting a large pulse of energy. My parents are knocked off their feet and fall to the ground. Dead. Windows shatter. The front door flings open hard and the hinges snap.

And I did it all. I destroyed my own life. I killed my parents. But its not over. A man picks the unconscious me up and carries me outside. It's Dad. Not my real Dad, but Phil Coulson.

I don't believe it!

I can't believe it!

He told me he found me wandering the streets of New York. Yes I am in New York, but he found me here. He knew the whole time where I had come from. He knew the information that I could never remember. 

So why didn't he tell me when I asked? Because he was protecting me. Protecting me from the truth he knew would shatter me. But even he didnt know the full story. He doesn't know I killed my parents and he doesn't know how it happened. And for the record nor did I.

I walk back to the car and sit there for hours. There must be something I missed.

My phone rings, it's Jack. I answer it 

'Hey.'

'Jaimie, where the hell are you.' his voice is panicked

'Where do you think? I am down town.' Its the truth but its vague. He doesn't know nor can he ever know where I really am. If there was one person to stop me from doing this, it's him.

'Jaimie, have you ever heard of Phone Finder? I can see where you are right now. Why are you looking at some random rundown house?'

Great. Now I will have to lie to him.

'I saw some kids run in there, I told them to stay away from it.'

He seems to believe me. 'OK, Can you please come back though. You had me worried sick.'

'Alright, alright. I'll be back soon.'