Aquaintences?

I wander about aimlessly and find myself down in the lab. Jemma and Leo still arguing over the... no not the Night-Night gun anymore, but the holo table. Jemma claims she was using it first, Leo complains that he has orders to complete something by the end of the day. Guess who is not fooled by that.

I walk in and say 'Easy solution guys.' I double tap the centre of the table and raise my hand over it. The table has split into two separate screens, with a transparent wall to separate them

'How did you do that?' Fitz gasps.

'What, you didn't know?' I eye him curiously. Surely he of all people would know how to split screen a holo table.

But he just shakes his head

I hear the glass doors hiss open and Agent Lewis walks in. He hands a small black device to Fitz and glances at me for a split second. I look away quickly and uncomfortably. He leaves again without saying a word.

The doors hiss closed and Leo says with a smile 'Someone's got eyes...'

Jemma laughs and says '...for you, He is so crushing on you, Jaimie. He's been head over heels in love with you since Coulson first mentioned you to him. Then he saw a photo of you in your prom gown. He just adored you.'

My prom gown? Why did Dad show him that? But then it hits me fair in the face like a football. He did it deliberately. I was the most popular kid in school because of my apparent beauty. I honestly despised my face mostly. I however had mesmerising eyes. They were constantly changing colour. One week they could be a brilliant, vibrant blue the next they would be dazzling emerald green. He has set me up.

But it's clear Dad's intentions of sharing so much information about me. He's trying to set me up.

'Didn't we all just.' Fitz jokes

Oh great I think.

I step out side the lap blindly and bump into someone's chest. At first I think it's Ward but when I look up I can see a narrow face and pale brown eyes of Agent Lewis.

I gasp in embarrassment and fright. I take a step back and walk around him trying not to make eye contact with him. He chuckles slightly before I'm out of earshot.

I have to go find my dad, I know he has set me up with Jack, he knew he would fall in love with me. He trusted him, but could I?

Every time a guy asked me out they didn't want me, they wanted something else. They wanted to drag me into bed with them, they wanted to strip me down of what Dad calls my "purity". If I was ever going to have sex with a guy it was going to be with one man. And that would be the man I vow to marry and pledge my life to. Not to some guy who would use me then dispose of me when he was satisfied.

No one has ever seen me with my clothes off, and I planned to keep it that way for some time at least.

I walk in with out knocking. A disapproving frown on my face. He stares at me knowing he did something to tip me off. My blood is boiling and I can feel my teeth grinding. My jaw is tight. I can see a ghost of a smile appear in the corner of his lips.

'Something you want to talk about?' he jokes.

'Don't give me that shit, Dad. You know what you did.'

He grins and laughs. 'Figure me out, did you? How?'

I raise an eye brow and say 'Really, it's not that hard to see it when you set me up with a guy. The least you could do is tell me where we are heading.'

'The Triskelion.'

Daughter of S.H.I.E.L.D. Trigger Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara