Rehab

Reuben, Kayt, and Dahlia are now safe at home. Security has been doubled.

In only a short month Jack was walking again. He struggled at first, but soon he began to grow stronger and stronger. It looked a little odd at first, the muscles in his calf had deteriorated from the lack of use but as time passed it began to look normal.

'How many more do I have to do?' Jack asked exhausted.

'20 more.' Ward said bluntly.

I sit by the stairs and lift my eyes from the book on my lap. A smug smile spreads across my face. Jack shoots a look at me, thinking "What's so funny?" ' Rehab is so boring.'

I continue reading while Jack does another set of pull ups. His legs hooked over a bar pulling his head up to his knees. 'Am I done yet?'

'20 more.'

'You said that 20 sit ups ago.' he lets his arms hang down as if to give up.

'Everytime you ask, I add another 20.' Ward certainly has a way of manipulating people.

Jack grumbles to himself and completes his exercise.

'OK. Now you're done.'

'Jack swings down and sits on the floor. Ward leaves and I am left alone with him. He pulls himself over to me and closes my book. 'Excuse me? I was reading that.' I say discontentedly

'Yeah,' He doesn't care, 'and I was reading you.' He moves his head up and gently pushes his lips against mine. I quickly slip away, up the stairs. 'Where are you going?'

'Come on.' I say waving him to follow me. 'I have another exercise for you.' He knows what I mean , a devilish grin slides across his face and sprints after me.

He catches me around my waist and drags me off to my bedroom. He tosses me gently onto the bed and he tumbles on next to me. He props himself up on an elbow and snakes an arm around me pulling me against his body. 'Who said rehab was boring?' He mocks pulling me into another kiss.

Jack caresses my body, making my need for him greater. I undo the buttons on his shirt and pull the sleeves off him, tossing it aside. Jack slides his hands up my bare back, leaving my torso covered by nothing but my bra. I push him over onto his back and throw a leg over his hips.

I find his buckle of his belt and release it. He rolls me over onto my back. I lay back and he pins my hands above my head, kissing my neck. He has found my weakness, the weakness I never knew I had.

My hands slide over his back, feeling him against me. He knows what I want. But its more of a need. His lips seal on mine once more.

But then all of a sudden he stops. He backs away and says 'I can't do this to you.' My eyebrows furrow questioningly, 'You're too pure, too perfect. It just doesn't seem right. I can't take it from you.'

He removes himself from the bed and walks over to the window, staring out into the clouds. I walk up behind him and take his hand. He gently pulls me into his arms and kisses me on top of my head and whispers through my hair 'I'm sorry.'