Meeting the Crew

It's 5: 32 when I reach the shield air field. A large black plane is being loaded. I recognise this plane from when I was 16. That was the first time that I met Skye. Skye was welcomed aboard S.H.I.E.L.D. a few months after she first came aboard as a consultant. I liked her immediately. I had known Leo Fitz and Gemma Simmons since I was 10. This was the first time I had seen "The Bus". The plane was named that not after an actual bus but because it is best to use shorthand words in the field. Gemma and Leo were equally as intelligent as each other, but in different area's of expertise.

Gemma was experienced in Bio-Chem, Leo was trained as Weapon Specialist. Gemma and I were close, we shared so much in common. It was clear that Fitz-Simmons have a thing for each other, but sometimes Fitz showed to be a little skits around women, particularly Skye and I.

I hop out of the car and as I stand I stare up and hear Jemma and Leo arguing about where their equipment should be put.

"Oi, careful, don't do that." Fitz screeches running over to take the Night-Night gun off Gemma.

"What? What did I do wrong?" She's in a state of panic and quickly hands it over

"What did you do...? Well for starters you picked it up completely wrong!"

"Oh, boo hoo. It's not even loaded." She complains

"Besides the point. Two, you don't even know how to use it properly."

"I designed half of it, plus the dendrotoxin was all my to do with. And besides I don't need to know..."

"Exactly. Three, it's extremely fragile."

"It's NOT fragile."

"It is too. And four, she's had some modifications made to her." He says as he pats the butt of the gun

"What, pull the trigger and it will blow up like a nuclear bomb?" I call from the bottom of the cargo ramp. Gemma turns and excitement floods her face. We embrace each other half way up the ramp. Leo appears behind her. I let go of Gemma and wrap my arms around him.

"It's so good to see you, Jaimie!" He says as he hugs me.

I look up and see a stern face. Agent Grant Ward.

"FitzSimmons, you'd better finish loading, wheels up in five." They scoot back up the ramp and haul away their stuff.

"Whose authority are you here on?" he asks me

"Mine."

Ward turns around and my Father stands at the top of the ramp. He opens his arms wide and without hesitation I brush past Ward and go into my father's arms.

"You know her, sir?" Ward says

I stand by dad's side with his arm wrapped around me

"Ward, this is my daughter."

Ward's eyes glance back and forth from dad to me, "Sorry, no resemblance."

Dad and I laugh slightly. "She's adopted."

"That's just weird." Ward walks past us and up the stairs.

Dad turns his attention back to me and I say 'So what's this I hear about "Director Coulson"?' I say as we walk back down to my car.

"Yeah, Fury's gone off the grid and handed everything over to me.' He says as we collect my things and head back up the ramp again.
**************

KNOCK KNOCK

"Come in," The door opens and a tall man with a gentle face and dark hair, "Agent Jack Lewis, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Jasmine."

He smiles and nods as he shakes my hand "How nice to meet you at last, Jasmine. I've heard so much about you." He says to me

"Have you?" I raise my eyebrows and turn to dad "I haven't heard a word about you."

"Well, I work with your Father, so we have lots of time to talk while we work."

There is a bit of an awkward silence as I stare at my father intently. Just then there is another knock on the door.

"Lewis, May needs you in the cockpit." Skye pops her head in and summons Jack out. She waves lightly to me before she is blocked by Jack as he closes the door behind him.