Iced

I wander around the plane aimlessly. I find my way up to the cockpit expecting fully to find May. But it's not. It's Ward instead.

'Hey.' I say sweetly.

He turns around and says 'Hey. What are you doing up here?'

'I couldn't sleep.' Even though it's almost 5:30. I cross my arms and sit in the co-pilot's seat. He takes of the head seat, places it down on the dashboard and turns the chair to face me.

'What's going on? You can tell me. I promise I won't tell unless you say I can.'

I hesitate for a moment before I take a deep breath. 'Last night, I saw something I thought I would never remember. I saw the day my parents died. Just images. And then it was gone. I have never been able to remember it before. And I don't know why.'

'And?'

'I want to find out what actually happened to them. Just to know.' My voice is low.

A sad and solemn look comes across his face. 'You may not like what you find.'

'It can't be worse than what I've imagined.' my voice begins to choke up.

He laughs and shakes his head. 'Skye said exactly the same thing when Coulson tried to help her. It was worse than anything she had hoped for. Are you sure you want to do this?'

'Yes and I want it to stay between us. I don't want the others to know.' I place a hand on his knee, and beg him

'What about Jack, or don't you want your boyfriend to know?'

'Oh, Grant! I can't let him know about this. Please?' I say just audible.

'Its going to kill him you know, to keep this a secret from him.'

'I know.'

I walk out of the cockpit and I can hear a thumping. I head down to the cargo bay and find Jack hitting a punching bag. White ear buds sending music into his ears. He's quite aggressive against it. I move closer and grab his shoulder. I have no time to react, he spins around and hits me across my right cheek. I fall backwards cry out in pain.

'Oh my god.' he puffs. He takes a step towards me but I shuffle backwards scared. Horror and fright fills his eyes. 'Jaimie I-'

'No! Stay away from me!' I cry. I scramble to my feet and run out of the cargo bay. I don't stop until I have locked myself into a storage room.

I touch the welt on my cheek gently, and pull away with my finger tips covered in my own blood. Just by chance I locked myself in the medical unit. I search for cotton balls, disinfectant, stitching tape and a mirror.

I clean the cut and hold it together with the stitching tape. Once I have finished I huddle into a corner and let the tears come. I know Jack didn't mean to hurt me, but the fact that he did makes me scared to approach him again. Gemma and Skye appear at the door and knock on the window. I must have been in here for hours. Ward was the only one awake when I first got up.

I ignore them until I hear a click and I bury my face behind my arms. Jemma, Skye and someone else- Dad come in and try to pull away my arms. Dad manages to uncover my face and tilts my face to see my cheek.

'Oh my god! Who did this to you?' He gently runs his thumb underneath the cut but stops when I wince in pain.

'Lewis.' I say distraught. Slight anger is surging through Dad and he nods

'Simmons, X-ray Jaimie's cheek in case there's any internal damage.' Gemma nods and helps me up.

Dad, Fitz and Skye follow us down to the lab. Gemma sits me on the edge of the holo-table and pulls down the X-ray machine. In only moments she can identifies a zygomatic fracture.

'That's a hairline fracture to the cheekbone.' Dad says so that I can understand. And he sounded a little bit distraught as well.

He leaves, no one follows him. Instead Fitz comes in with a shocked look on his face.

'Fitz, are you OK?' Skye says

'I just shot Agent Lewis, with an Icer.' His tone remains unchanged as he stares at the floor. 'Ward and I tried to calm him down and Ward told me to use the Icer. Coulson and Ward had to carry him to the cell. I sort of panicked and...'

'Fitz, it's OK.' Skye says calmly and makes him sit down. She passes him a water bottle and he takes it gratefully.

'Thank goodness he didn't hurt anyone.' He says and the entire room goes quiet. 'What?' he says

'Lewis just fractured Jaimie's cheek bone.' Skye says madly.

'What? He would... He would never.' Fitz stammers and looks over at me but I stay looking down at my bare feet. 'But I thought...'

I jump down from the holo-table and walk out saying 'Yeah, well so did I.'