Drug Lords in Cali

I finally managed to get out of bed. Skye had forced me to stay in bed for a week or so until I was fully recovered. I spend time doing physical strength exercises on my own to stretch my muscles a bit.

But then comes supervised training. Ward isn't exactly the TLC kind of guy, but he remembers that I am still a bit delusional from the medication. But it will eventually wear off Simmons assures me.

Right now Ward is teaching me how to disarm a man with a loaded hand held pistol. I can see Skye out of the corner of my eye watching us. I delve into her conscious and hear her thoughts. I didn't get it that fast. How does she do it? Well to be honest, I have been taught a bit by Dad so it's a bit easier for me.

I successfully disarm Grant four times in under a minute. He seems a little shocked. He lets me have a break and get a drink. I walk over to Skye and guiltily say, 'You weren't trained before hand, that's how I got it so fast.'

She raises an eye brow at me. 'Seriously!' she knows I read her mind. I quickly slip away and I notice a silver pole about 2 feet long.

'What's this?' I pick it up and it telescopes on either end to become a seven foot long staff. I twirl it with my fingers and swing it down by my side. I hold it up admiring it. 'Nice.' I say.

'Its a titanium staff. Telescopic, unbreakable, light as a feather.' Grant says picking up a second one.

It shoots out to its full length and he swings it over his shoulder. It plumets downwards towards my head. I hold up my own staff, blocking his blow. I shoot a look at him. What the hell. He swings the staff around aiming for my knees, i jump over it and knock him off his feet. He's on the floor. I hold one end of my staff to his throat, just as he lifts his head he feels it and see's my face. I'm slightly angry and shocked.

'What. The. Hell.' I say

'All part of your training.' he says

I step back romoving the staff from his throat and put it down where I found it.

'And it looks like you're going to need it. We have a new mission.' Dad says. he climbs down the flight of stairs 'Reports of durg lords have been terrorising locals in the city. So are up for a challenge?'

I pick up the staff again 'No. I'm ready to kick some ass. Lets do this.'

I head down the ramp and start the car. Soon two cars are full and we are heading into downtown Malibu.

We hope out of the car and everything is silent. 'What exactly are we looking for?' We walk down the street. Nothing happens. Until rapid gunfire opens on us. We spot a man with a large assult rifle. The trigger happy man moves towards us, fireing randomly. As he shouts random words at us we duck behind the vehicles.

Jack screams in pain. He's on the road clutching his knee. Blood heavily stains his hands. He can't move. He can't move out of the way of the gunfire.

Instinct. I pull my Icer from its case. I stand aiming over the car. I pull the trigger, knocking the trigger happy mouron off his feet onto his back. He's unconscious. I replace the icer by my leg, run around the car to Jack's side. I hold his head in my lap. His eyes clenched close, trying to muffle his loud moaning through gritted teeth.

'He's been shot.' I quiver

'Where?' Dad rushes to my side

I look down and see where, 'Left knee. Bleeding badly.' A tear slides down my cheek.' I really do care about him. I trust him. I love him.