New Year's Resolution

Comes the time of New Year's Eve. The day before my birthday. We have been staying at the Triskelion for several months now after the bus had an engine failure in mid air, during that time I received a level 2 S.H.I.E.L.D. clearance. I honestly have never been as excited as I was that day.

Since then, Jack has clearly been trying to build up the courage to say something to me. I've gotten to know him a bit better now so we can at least have a decent conversation. But there's something else on his mind.

The music booms through the speakers deafening us all. I've had several drinks and I'm a little uneasy, but I can coordinate my self enough as not to go toppling to the ground. I hang about Grant and Skye most of the night, I even make a point to talk to Maria Hill. She's engaged to my father and I genuinely liked her. Even though she was a 'play by the book' person, even she had to have a little fun every now and again.

I head back over to the bar and ask for a simple lemonade, when I bump into Steve Rogers.

'Hello, beautiful.' he says

I can feel my cheeks turning bright pink.

'Hi!' I say politely. I've met him several times before now. We're good friends, I must say.

He's staring at me, seemingly enticed. He leans his head down slightly and I'm almost lost. I now know what he's doing. I go up on tip toes and our lips just touch. What the hell am I doing? I pull away quickly and make sure I don't make eye contact with him.

'I'm sorry.' he say trying to get me to look at him.

'I- I have to go.' I leave him where he is and walk of.

I trip on something and I see the floor getting closer and closer. Someone catches me and pulls me back up and against his body. 'Jack?'

'I got ya.' he says. A slow gently music begins to play and Jack bows and says childishly 'Can I have this dance?' I don't know why but I say yes. I suck at dancing.

I start with a bit of distance, but as I grow a bit more confident, Jack pulls me up against his body.

We dance for at least an hour until Jack pulls me off the dance floor and out the door 'Where are we going?' I ask as we descend another flight of stairs. He just laughs and continues to drag me behind him. Once I'm curtain that we are on the ground level he pushes a glass door open and we step into a dark humid room. It's the pool room. Jack let's go of my hand and slips his shirt off and throws it on the floor. He notices me staring and smiles flirtatiously. Once he has removed his trousers he walks over to me.

'Do you need a hand?' he says and moves his hand towards my chest. I quickly slap it away. 'Hey, I'm not a pervert, it wouldn't do that to you.'

But it's too late, he has already undone half of buttons on my blouse. He slides off the sleeves making sure his hands scrape my arms gently.

He's about to undo the button on my trousers but I take a step back and say 'I can do that.' He lifts his hands guiltily and shuffles away. I slip of my trousers and fold them neatly and place them next to my blouse. Jack now stands directly in front of me.

With a gentle touch his fingertips trail up my side, starting at my waist he moves up my rib cage and slides his hand around my back. He looks so strong but he's very gentle. His other hand is touching my cheek. Oh god, I know what's coming and I let it.

I have almost no time to react before he thrusts his head forward and his lips seal on mine. I honestly don't know how to describe him. His body is solid against mine, but his lips are passionate. He basically makes me feel weak and vulnerable. But I like it. If I hadn't of been so prejudice towards him, could this of happened sooner?

With the most utter ease he lifts me from the ground and I wrap my legs around his waist tightly. My hands clasp his face, my fingers run through his hair. He takes a few steps backwards and we fall into the water. I push myself off him and swim to the surface. I take a deep breath and Jack surfaces and laughs. He can stand with his shoulders out of the water I can't even touch with my tip toes. He snakes his arms around my waist pulling me against him. I place my hands on his shoulders and he kisses me.

When he stops to take a breath I hear him whisper 'I love you.' and he seals his lips on mine again.

It's almost as if I can feel his presence. I open my eyes and in the corner I can see-

'Dad?!' how long has he been there for? Jack looks in his direction

'Out of the pool!'